• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am 50 years old....
2 2

57 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

This subject seems to come up a lot in your posts. Methinks thou dost protest too much! ;)

Not I, but I'll enjoy watching the rest of you burn to the ground :) 

22 minutes ago, vodou said:

Not I, but I'll enjoy watching the rest of you burn to the ground :) 

Voods, you doing alrighty these days, man?  Seems your every other post involves watching the rest of us get burnt to a crisp somehow lol

B66A67D0-01E8-4002-9EFD-34AC3C5AD8E4.gif.6d51643d83e04fab88c88904b9d010c6.gif

Edited by exitmusicblue

11 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Voods, you doing alrighty these days, man?  Seems your every other post involves watching the rest of us get burnt to a crisp somehow lol

B66A67D0-01E8-4002-9EFD-34AC3C5AD8E4.gif.6d51643d83e04fab88c88904b9d010c6.gif

Never better :) 

45 minutes ago, Michael (OML)1 said:

Hi - its Michael and I don't think I've pimped Golden Age art...

Agree. Michael doesn't pimp GA art, in fact doing so would only undermine his collecting efforts given the scarcity of GA pages.  He posts and celebrates new pieces in same way as other collectors (as he should)... and often without any description for a 70+ years old page of GA art.  I'd say that's rather understated.

2 hours ago, Michael (OML)1 said:

Hi - its Michael and I don't think I've pimped Golden Age art -- I like it and I tell everyone I like it and I hope folks will sell me Golden Age art but I don't think I've told people to go buy it nor have I tried to sell it, either of which is (at least to me) required to meet the term "pimping."  If your point is that GA art (which I love) will not be of much interest to future collectors, that is probably true.  That doesn't mean I'll stop wanting it or loving it.  I just thought I'd add my two cents to say that it was a bit unfair to say I've pimped GA art as I've not told people to go buy it nor tried to sell it.  I've just said it is what I like.  I've not tried to convince others to buy it.    

Mike, "pimp" is a poor choice of words, and so I apologize - I was kidding anyway :baiting: but not meant to be a criticism or a dig. :foryou: Nobody's going to rush to obscure GA art as an investment opportunity in the the OA hobby. If they do, they're crazy. 

Edited by MyNameIsLegion

I’m 53 and the last five years have brought me daunting health issues. But Mrs. Ape must have been going through my record collection and insisted I Fight Fight Fightlol (The Cure Album is the reference) 

So.....I’m digging in. I’m holding on to my best. I’m always looking but will rarely buy above low four figures now.

I’ve left Mrs. Ape with helpful instructions should I expire. I won’t bore you with who I told her to contact. But I will share that I told her if she is contacted and the guy on the phone says, “let me check with my brother,” she is to hang up and rip the house phone out of the wall. She is to block any cell phone calls with an area code from Northern California.

Love the art until they pry it from your cold dead hands. I think Charlton Heston said that. Although I don’t think he was referring to comic art.

🍇 +  🦍 

8 hours ago, grapeape said:

Love the art until they pry it from your cold dead hands. I think Charlton Heston said that.

He said, "Get your hands off my art, you dirty damned ape." *

*  Possibly one of the famous ape brothers?

Edited by The Voord