• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BYE BYE EBAY BUCKS!!

29 posts in this topic

Thank you for being a Bucks member, and a valuable part of our eBay community. We’re reaching out to tell you about upcoming changes to the eBay Bucks program.

After careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases starting April 1st, 2021.

Dumb move ebay, dumb move!

.:frown:

Yep, I just got that email a few moments ago.  From what I understood, they'll still have the program but only when they say so in periodic emails.  The earnings will also not expire for 12 months.

Edited by SeniorSurfer
mis-spelling

Yeah... but guys... you can open up an eBay Mastercard to earn even more eBay Bucks!

Sure, this credit card probably has no real world reward system built it, and the APR is probably through the roof... but eBay bucks!!!!!!

In lieu of any actual cash back rewards, you can now earn credit into their closed-loop eBay economy.  Sure, their bonus is probably only 1%, and after they get enough signups that percentage will likely be cut... but you make those eBay Bucks on all of your purchases now... until they decide that it's only purchases made on the eBay site.  I don't even care that this credit expires after 12 months... ebay Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!

But, let's face it... you were just gonna take all your hard-earned cash anyway and spend it on their auction poorly executed Amazon-clone site.  Ebay bucks are just as good as cash... probably better when you think about it.  This system cuts out the middle man and simplifies your life. That right there is your bonus (+$50 statement credit if you spend $250 in the first 30 days).  It's the system you never asked for and never knew you wanted... eBay bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the point of this post is that you just have to trust and put faith in your eBay overlords.  I, for one, will be opening a new credit card with eBay today... two in fact.

:banana:

Edited by masterlogan2000

Pfft...Whatever...this is weak! They haven't sent out any "all category" buyer promotions in two years when they did almost routinely before...they haven't sent out seller fee promotions nearly as often as before...and now this??? What's next? Ebay membership fee?

I have an Ebay Mastercard but I almost don't want to use it just to spite them. 

On 3/1/2021 at 7:42 AM, masterlogan2000 said:

Yeah... but guys... you can open up an eBay Mastercard to earn even more eBay Bucks!

Sure, this credit card probably has no real world reward system built it, and the APR is probably through the roof... but eBay bucks!!!!!!

In lieu of any actual cash back rewards, you can now earn credit into their closed-loop eBay economy.  Sure, their bonus is probably only 1%, and after they get enough signups that percentage will likely be cut... but you make those eBay Bucks on all of your purchases now... until they decide that it's only purchases made on the eBay site.  I don't even care that this credit expires after 12 months... ebay Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!

But, let's face it... you were just gonna take all your hard-earned cash anyway and spend it on their auction poorly executed Amazon-clone site.  Ebay bucks are just as good as cash... probably better when you think about it.  This system cuts out the middle man and simplifies your life. That right there is your bonus (+$50 statement credit if you spend $250 in the first 30 days).  It's the system you never asked for and never knew you wanted... eBay bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the point of this post is that you just have to trust and put faith in your eBay overlords.  I, for one, will be opening a new credit card with eBay today... two in fact.

:banana:

You forgot to mention that $50 credit can only be applied to your credit card 3 months after the qualifying purchase is made.  What a deal!

So I’m guessing this means there won’t be any eBucks promotions until after April 1st. 

ebay bucks were good for two or three hundred bucks a year in rewards for me, so I may be one of the few who actually misses them, especially when they'd run the 5 or 10% bonus program at the right time on a bigger purchase. Oh, well, I still get 2% back on my credit card. 

As a seller what really annoys me is ebay taking a FVF out of sales taxes paid. Everything else is the price of business, but that can end up adding as much as another 1% to fees, depending on what state and locality the buyer is in.