• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Auction Tomorrow
3 3

68 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Matches_Malone said:

The force was strong with this one.

That and the ASM361 Carnage cover were massive modern pieces. So awesome to see those pop up! The last year has really been a breakout period for some of these modern characters in the comic industry, so I would expect this to continue to carry over to OA. 

With Silk already confirmed to be showing up in a live action series and the insane buildup of all things Spider-Verse, this is one of the pinnacle pieces of a major Spider character. We have Miles at over $200k and Silk at over $64k. I don’t see these slowing down. 

4 hours ago, J.Sid said:

2,800 for a Chas Truog Animal Man panel page from the Grant Morrison run..... I always loved that story. 

I was the under bidder on that one, and frankly, I was shocked at how high it went. There is a lesser page from that book for sale, but only for a little over $500.

Still, a very clever page, with the way the butterfly flitted in and out of the story panels, acting as a reminder to the reader that the story had broken the fourth wall. I like clever art like that.

Oh well, that just frees up funds for the next item of interest.

4 hours ago, zhamlau said:

The Swamp Thing Page with Swampy on it seems like a sorta steal to me, Had him in multiple panels and it just felt right.

I sold this piece last year on eBay for a couple grand more than it sold for last night. My last second bid almost got it back .... Ended up just shy of $7000 last night.  
https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FALLSUB.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26pg%3D5%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%23Item_1457275&id=1457275&itemType=1

I consigned two 1960s covers to last night's auction and the results pretty much met with my expectations ($34,656 total), so I'm happy with that and will probably consign a few other things later on.

Edited by The Voord

10 hours ago, Monkeyman said:

The only piece I was able to pick up was the little Krenkel Sowers of Thunder piece.  probably the second cheapest piece in the auction after the other Krenkel.  Not much respect for ne of the masters, but good for me!

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1457013

I feel for the consignors. I won two pieces. So you know they didn't get the right bid activity ;) 

One was the other Krenkel :) 

Was it actually the cheapest original in the entire sale? lol 

4 hours ago, The Voord said:

I consigned two 1960s covers to last night's auction and the results pretty much met with my expectations ($31,656 total), so I'm happy with that and will probably consign a few other things later on.

Congrats.  The Ditko Captain Atom cover did well....I thought ComicLink's detailed description highlighting a spider-like web, the alien that looks like Dr. Strange and mechanical arms like Doctor Octopus helped to enhance perceived value of the piece..

11 minutes ago, GreatEscape said:

Congrats.  The Ditko Captain Atom cover did well....I thought ComicLink's detailed description highlighting a spider-like web, the alien that looks like Dr. Strange and mechanical arms like Doctor Octopus helped to enhance perceived value of the piece..

Hey, thanks, though I got my total wrong, which should have read $34,656  :)

7 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I was the under bidder on that one, and frankly, I was shocked at how high it went. There is a lesser page from that book for sale, but only for a little over $500.

Still, a very clever page, with the way the butterfly flitted in and out of the story panels, acting as a reminder to the reader that the story had broken the fourth wall. I like clever art like that.

Where's this page sitting for sale?.....  hm

1 hour ago, J.Sid said:

Where's this page sitting for sale?.....  hm

Don’t know; don’t want to know. Truog’s work in the past, on those rare occasions it comes up, doesn’t carry a huge premium. I had figured this at no more than $1,500 or so, with a goodly margin of error due to limited examples for sale in the past. $2k, max. Once we can all get vaccinated and spend money on decent vacations again, I don’t see sales holding up at these prices. Logically, pricing should go backwards to last March or so. 

9 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Thanks for bidding!  As you can imagine, I am pleased at the high finish and appreciate you bidding.

Malvin

7 minutes ago, Wolvie_Fan said:

I was caught off guard at the Sam Kieth Marvel Comics Presents #104 cover closing at almost 37k.   Anybody else?

Yup, weren’t Moy and Burkey selling these for $9k-12k a year ago? It was the Wolverine covers that were reserved for $25k+ tier

7 hours ago, Drummy said:

I was delighted to pick up the Avengers #153 page featuring the Scarlet Witch last night...she was one of my favorites growing up and the page (Buscema/Sinnott) is from a run that gave me a lot of joy as a young'un.  I also like the text in the top panel, which summarizes a major theme in her life at the time.

Dan

RAD57D5F202118_124843.jpg

You are right..the thought baloons in the top panels seem to the stretch out to what happened to the character 30 years later.  Amazing how the ideas embedded in the characters early on could spawn such amazing sotrylines...