ComicLink Auction Tomorrow
3 3

68 posts in this topic

There doesn't appear to be a thread on this, but I'll start one off.  Any ideas why the Quesada Daredevil page is at $4K?  Seems fairly unremarkable unless I'm missing something.

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FALLSUB.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26pg%3D4%23Item_1461856&id=1461856&itemType=1

Mike

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Monkeyman said:

There doesn't appear to be a thread on this, but I'll start one off.  Any ideas why the Quesada Daredevil page is at $4K?  Seems fairly unremarkable unless I'm missing something.

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FALLSUB.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26pg%3D4%23Item_1461856&id=1461856&itemType=1

Mike

Heh, I consigned it and it's the one piece where I would be glad based on where it's at now! 

The short answer is, I don't know. it's way higher than I expected.  Not surprisingly I'm not complaining :flamed:

Malvin

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they've been going high for a while and no doubt it's one of those things where there are X pages of DD in costume, Y with in him action, etc.  I'm sure this one has a way to go yet. 

I wish I still had my DD/Bullseye page but parted with it long ago...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Side note, anyone have any good Quesada Azrael art for sale/trade?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, GotSuperPowers? said:

I think they've been going high for a while and no doubt it's one of those things where there are X pages of DD in costume, Y with in him action, etc.  I'm sure this one has a way to go yet. 

I wish I still had my DD/Bullseye page but parted with it long ago...

Well, I will miss the pages I am selling too but I am selling them to get a page I like more, just like you sold that DD/Bullseye page because you were after a page you like better (I think)

If it is any consolation, you can always see the page in my CAF gallery! :bigsmile: Thanks again for selling it to me :)

Malvin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just looking at the Clink offerings ending today, and I saw a couple of J Scott Campbell covers with some really 'surprising' Stan Lee signatures. Very nice covers, but I'm guessing those signatures might influence bidding? Or not? Thoughts?

Edited by stinkininkin
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Was just looking at the Clink offerings ending today, and I saw a couple of J Scott Campbell covers with some really 'surprising' Stan Lee signatures. Very nice covers, but I'm guessing those signatures might influence bidding? Or not? Thoughts?

There's a number of pieces like that in this auction & it borderline ruins some of them!

Why would people let anyone sign within the art area?!?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Was just looking at the Clink offerings ending today, and I saw a couple of J Scott Campbell covers with some really 'surprising' Stan Lee signatures. Very nice covers, but I'm guessing those signatures might influence bidding? Or not? Thoughts?

Results seemed just about right. Although I was expecting closer to 25K for this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Monkeyman said:

Normally I don't find that CL auctions go crazy in the last minute, but I've seen lots of big last minute jumps tonight.

I'm lucky one of mine did so far, but a few did not :cry:

But things tend to even out and I have more consignments to go!

Malvin

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Matches_Malone said:

The force was strong with this one.

First appearance mania! and that was the variant cover! Imagine how the main cover or interiors would do!

Malvin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Results struck me as strong - of the few dozen lots I bid on / tracked the only one I thought, "hey I should have bid more on that one" was the Grell Warlord page...and, of course, the 90s stuff was like Wow...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only piece I was able to pick up was the little Krenkel Sowers of Thunder piece.  probably the second cheapest piece in the auction after the other Krenkel.  Not much respect for ne of the masters, but good for me!

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1457013

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, J.Sid said:

2,800 for a Chas Truog Animal Man panel page from the Grant Morrison run..... I always loved that story. 

one of my few consignments  this round that was a home run.  Overall I was fine, but with prices seemingly going up across the board, I thought many of mine would do a lot better! :cry:

I loved that run too, but still having better pages helped me let it go.  It's also going towards something I really wanted so that made the decision easier too!

Malvin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3