• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround times continually increasing
1 1

149 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, johnnyms said:

Yeah I just think that if that's the case then there really shouldn't be a tat on bulk or economy. That way people won't have expectations as to when their subs will be done. That's what psa just did. You don't even see a tat under any of the services. It just says tat impacted. you cant even submit under economy either. They don't want to give unrealistic expectations to their customers. They are basically saying we are so backed up that we can't give you a tat so submit your cards at your own risk lol. 

You know what your right. I always wondered why the lowest tier was locked out, now it makes sense. 

If anything, the TAT on bulk and economy is just there to show that they aren’t processed at the same speed, even though it feels like it. 

58 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

With standard or above, it seems to be on point. But Bulk or economy, its just a weird situation since the changes happened very recently, as in only a month ago. If it gets to that point to where they dont know the TAT, then im sure they will let people know, but right now its in a flux. Its probably going to stablize at some point since it cannot go up indefinitely. 

I think someone else mentioned it on the 100 other threads but Paul already said that they are working on December's bulk/economy. I dont know how many more times he can repeat that. Its like a little kid asking 100 times if we are there yet and its like "no timmy, we arent there yet for the 100th time" even though its only been like 2 seconds.

That's why I think they need a specific spot on the website that show's what submissions they are working on by month. I know you said cgc shouldn't have to do that but what other solution do you have besides telling people to be patient and stop acting like children. That's obviously not going to help anyone and only causes issues like the drama we see now. Also the problem with posting what subs they are currently working on in the forum is not everyone knows there's a forum. I only found out about the forum last month. There's probably a big majority of people that also don't know about it. So they are left in the dark and once they do find it, I'm sure they are already frustrated with the situation. All I'm doing is trying to suggest a solution 

These turnaround times are crazy. I am still waiting on a bulk ordered that was received on DEC 9th! When I submitted it was a 35 Business day turn around. Times keep increasing.  While I understand things happen  I have been told countless times.. either my cards are being graded and the status just hasn't changed mon my end, they are scheduled for grading, or oh your turnaround time hasn't been affected.  Give us correct information/communication. Maybe they need to stop accepting trading cards until they can catch up.

1 hour ago, johnnyms said:

That's why I think they need a specific spot on the website that show's what submissions they are working on by month. I know you said cgc shouldn't have to do that but what other solution do you have besides telling people to be patient and stop acting like children. That's obviously not going to help anyone and only causes issues like the drama we see now. Also the problem with posting what subs they are currently working on in the forum is not everyone knows there's a forum. I only found out about the forum last month. There's probably a big majority of people that also don't know about it. So they are left in the dark and once they do find it, I'm sure they are already frustrated with the situation. All I'm doing is trying to suggest a solution 

Yeah like I said, your not wrong. I just know that its impossible to completely please everyone and even if you make a website or service user friendly, there is just always people who will send emails without saying who they are, what their order # is and start demanding to know things. I run a store and constantly get people asking "where is my order", yet have no clue how to properly address someone. Yeah, let me tell you about your order since im some kind of psychic that knows everything lol. I just happen to know all 100+ people who order from me and can magically tell you things without any sort of way to look you up in the system...

If people really wanted something like that, they need to tell the staff though. They need to go on the staff part of the website and put in a request. People need to make an effort if they want something. Ranting on the forums mindlessly isnt how things get done. You have to get in touch with who has some sort of authority and make it clear what your looking for. CGC has taken some feedback on here, but they would take things more seriously if people were more rational and focused more on the issues instead of getting crazy about it.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

37 minutes ago, J-KComics said:

These turnaround times are crazy. I am still waiting on a bulk ordered that was received on DEC 9th! When I submitted it was a 35 Business day turn around. Times keep increasing.  While I understand things happen  I have been told countless times.. either my cards are being graded and the status just hasn't changed mon my end, they are scheduled for grading, or oh your turnaround time hasn't been affected.  Give us correct information/communication. Maybe they need to stop accepting trading cards until they can catch up.

It’s was 35 days for 1000 other people who submitted in December too lol.

TAT is an estimate of how fast they can process the cards they have in shop at that specific point in time. It was never any sort of guarantee. They even say it’s estimated not guaranteed. I feel like people keep miss missing this point. 

14 minutes ago, C2N0 said:

TAT is an estimate of how fast they can process the cards they have in shop at that specific point in time. It was never any sort of guarantee. They even say it’s estimated not guaranteed. I feel like people keep miss missing this point. 

Ya I know there are so many people waiting. It just sucks.. but still better than PSA

9 minutes ago, C2N0 said:

Right but then there shouldn't be a tat at all then. An estimate is an approximate guess which is close to the tat. It doesn't mean to keep extending it indefinitely. A tat sets expectations and if you can't meet that expectation then get rid of the tat like psa did, its that simple.

11 minutes ago, johnnyms said:

Right but then there shouldn't be a tat at all then. An estimate is an approximate guess which is close to the tat. It doesn't mean to keep extending it indefinitely. A tat sets expectations and if you can't meet that expectation then get rid of the tat like psa did, its that simple.

Exactly get rid of the time ur making ppl believe that u can get the stuff done at. Dont leave false pretense up and then not expect ppl talking about it

1 hour ago, J-KComics said:

Received as in checked in that day?  If so I'm a day behind you and mine are still at received :( if they were just delivered to CGC that day...I'm a few days ahead of you and still in received :( 

I am getting my final Bulk submission ready to mail out tomorrow, and I am prepared to not get it back this year. 

The writing is on the wall: CGC's natural exponential growth + the mass exodus from PSA + slabbing any card at $9/card is guaranteed profit + stimulus checks + booming card market = you are going to WISH Bulk was still only 4 months here very shortly. 

Or you can just keep complaining on here and we can all come back in a month and laugh. 

21 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

I am getting my final Bulk submission ready to mail out tomorrow, and I am prepared to not get it back this year. 

The writing is on the wall: CGC's natural exponential growth + the mass exodus from PSA + slabbing any card at $9/card is guaranteed profit + stimulus checks + booming card market = you are going to WISH Bulk was still only 4 months here very shortly. 

Or you can just keep complaining on here and we can all come back in a month and laugh. 

lol thats a stretch. The pandemic wont last the whole year and when its over, there is going to be a huge drop in demand for this stuff. I been in the gaming card industry for 7 years now and everything happening is mostly due to production issues. Never in the last 6 years has stuff happened like its happening now and it probably wont last.

Thats not to say that there wont be money to made, since there is (and been making it for 6 years before this) but it just wont be stupidly easily like it is today. You wont be able to go to walmart, clear out the stock and flip it online since cards will be everywhere like they were in 2019. And same with grading, its going to chill out once people go back to work and people move back out of their parents place and not everyone is bored at home trying to feel like a kid again.

You could be right but just from my experience, I dont see this lasting forever but will ride the wave until the hype train dies out while I run off into the sunset with a ton of money lol. Im sure CGC will have to lay off a ton of people sometime this year since once everything is caught up and once logan paul finds some new scam to milk kids for, its going to be like 2001-2002 all over again (the time period where pokemon as a fad died out and the market tanked).

Edited by mattyzeepgam

29 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Exactly get rid of the time ur making ppl believe that u can get the stuff done at. Dont leave false pretense up and then not expect ppl talking about it

Yep and imagine the people submitting now. They are expecting their cards to be done in 65 business day for economy but three months from now it'll be doubled if things continue they way they are. I get that they are busy but don't be surprised when people are upset when you can't meet the expectations you set for them. Once our submissions are done there will just be a new group of people complaining like we are now, all because of the false expectations given. If you're so backed up Get rid of tat and people won't be so quick to complain.

29 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

lol thats a stretch. The pandemic wont last the whole year and when its over, there is going to be a huge drop in demand for this stuff. I been in the gaming card industry for 7 years now and everything happening is mostly due to production issues. Never in the last 6 years has stuff happened like its happening now and it probably wont last.

Thats not to say that there wont be money to made, since there is (and been making it for 6 years before this) but it just wont be stupidly easily like it is today. You wont be able to go to walmart, clear out the stock and flip it online since cards will be everywhere like they were in 2019. And same with grading, its going to chill out once people go back to work and people move back out of their parents place and not everyone is bored at home trying to feel like a kid again.

You could be right but just from my experience, I dont see this lasting forever but will ride the wave until the hype train dies out while I run off into the sunset with a ton of money lol. Im sure CGC will have to lay off a ton of people sometime this year since once everything is caught up and once logan paul finds some new scam to milk kids for, its going to be like 2001-2002 all over again (the time period where pokemon as a fad died out and the market tanked).

I actually cant wait for the market to tank. Maybe I'll actually be able to afford some cards I really want lol

3 hours ago, johnnyms said:

I actually cant wait for the market to tank. Maybe I'll actually be able to afford some cards I really want lol

Fr and be able to find shining fates in store for msrp

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Coins are not graded by CGC. Trading cards are.

He’s talking about the old days when these boards used to have a Coin section since NGC is under the same parent company. 

3 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

He’s talking about the old days when these boards used to have a Coin section since NGC is under the same parent company. 

I understand, but CGC grades both comics and cards. I think that sports cards will be a different grading brand, and so they will have a different forum.

Good lord. My books have been out for 62 business days already. I just found out that I still have 80-90 more business days to go! That is painfully slow. I sent my books out at the end of November and I won’t get them back until July! I could almost create another human in that time. There has to be a quicker way of doing this.

5 hours ago, Kerdese said:

Good lord. My books have been out for 62 business days already. I just found out that I still have 80-90 more business days to go! That is painfully slow. I sent my books out at the end of November and I won’t get them back until July! I could almost create another human in that time. There has to be a quicker way of doing this.

Bulk sub?