• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm back. Can I buy all those old comics at cover price yet? Did the crash happen while I was away?
2 2

42 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, the OP has returned during a period of the most Dickensian extremes between the haves and have-nots that this field of appreciation, reading, collecting, or speculation has ever seen, and the writer’s subjective quote has never been more apt to apply than it is now...

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

Edited by Ken Aldred

7 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

Like every meme stock these days and buyers with FOMO, comic book buying has become no different... a lot of people are paying absolutely ludicrous prices for books. When prices drop on comics (and I believe they will at some point), a lot of people will be left bag holding books they paid idiotic prices for .. just my 2c... and I don’t feel sorry for them either . 

I guess that's why if you're going to buy anything now it's got to be for the love of the comic or a well thought out purchase. I'm sure plenty of genuine keys and issues of significance will hold their value but there will be so many that fall. It's why I love browsing all the topics here, it helps build real knowledge/confidence about what's worth going for.