• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 Questions - Bulk Question & Crossover

5 posts in this topic

Hello:

I have two quick questions. 

1. Regarding the 50 minimum cards for bulk. If I submit 30 cards at Standard and 30 cards at bulk in the same order, will that qualify the 50 card minimum for the bulk order?

2. I would like to crossover a slab from GMA. Is this possible? making sure as the "crossover" description on website only mentions PSA and BGS.

Thank you.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, good33 said:

Hello:

I have two quick questions. 

1. Regarding the 50 minimum cards for bulk. If I submit 30 cards at Standard and 30 cards at bulk in the same order, will that qualify the 50 card minimum for the bulk order?

2. I would like to crossover a slab from GMA. Is this possible? making sure as the "crossover" description on website only mentions PSA and BGS.

Thank you.

1) No, you need 50 total cards actually on the bulk tier.

2) No, Crossover is only BGS and PSA. It would need to be cracked by you and submitted raw. Sorry!

Paul

Paul:

Thank you. Rather than guess and guess wrong I am hopeful you can provide some general direction being a direct crossover isn't an option. 

I have this GMA slab. being I cannot "crossover" I would crack out and send in to get graded by you folks, there is a small little gash/line in the top left front corner of the card (see attached photo). Need help understanding how this would impact the grade and if this would prevent this from ever getting a 9, what the potential grade would be so I can decide if I crack this case and send to CGC. Would really appreciate some feedback and thoughts on what this would potentially grade as and understand this wouldn't be a promise, but would like to understand what grade i can anticipate based on what i am sharing?

you help is much appreciated. 

20210303_072409.jpg

back 1.jpg

front.jpg

I highly doubt you would get a 9. If you want it to be protected, you might as well as keep it in the GMA case. But if you want to resell, even if you get a lower grade you'd get more for that card than it being in a GMA slab.

Check out The Grading Scale to get better idea on what you might get: https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/grading-scale/

12 hours ago, kreativemente said:

I highly doubt you would get a 9. If you want it to be protected, you might as well as keep it in the GMA case. But if you want to resell, even if you get a lower grade you'd get more for that card than it being in a GMA slab.

Check out The Grading Scale to get better idea on what you might get: https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/grading-scale/

Not necessarily. While GMA has been very inconsistent as far as grades over the years, if the card grading drops a full 2 grades, then you might be in trouble. There are lots of new buyers on the market who still don't know what and who to buy, so there is a decent chance you could get close to CGC 9 money for a GMA 9 card. In this instance, since you know it would be dropping grades, just not how many, you're gonna be gambling. It really depends on what you're doing with it.

Case in point one like this sold not too long ago - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Charizard-Delta-Species-4-Ex-Crystal-Guardians-Holo-Pokemon-GMA-Grade-9-Mint-/393129832745?hash=item5b885d3129%3Ag%3AHYIAAOSw~jlgJbaO&nma=true&si=mdg0b00AnG1qODF2oa%2FcLuX8wGQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557