• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bishop Eastman Signing
5 5

490 posts in this topic

I quickly skimmed the forum looking for info on this signing event but didn’t see a recent thread so forgive me if this has been asked recently but is anyone else waiting on books From the Kevin Eastman / Ben Bishop signing?

The CGC site is pretty cryptic about the dates to expect my books signed and I haven’t  had any status updates since  “RECEIVED” on Jan. 7th. I believe they bumped the cutoff to FEB 15th but still wondering what a feasible turnaround for this submission will be.

Have they been signed?

Will it update to scheduled for grading eventually?

Sorry I’ve had a few books graded but this is my first signature series. I’m a pretty patient dude but also get ansy when I have high value books floating around in limbo out there.

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

56 minutes ago, TMNT said:

Yes, Kevin is actually flying down to Sarasota today!

Nice! I wonder if Ben will be there as well or if they will be signing at different times.

As some have stated, Cgc doesn’t update their customers or update their website as consistently as possible in every case.

for the OP or anyone else with similar questions about signings, it will probably have some value to check social media of Cgc and the creators.  Also, Cgc has paid customer service reps that won’t get mad if you call or email.  

Just got an email from CGC stating there were so many books that Eastman did not even have time to sign them all... so they are taking books to him in 3-4 weeks to finish it up. :

"Kevin Eastman Signing - There was an INCREDIBLE number of books submitted for Mr. Eastman -- so many so, he did not have enough time to sign them all, so we are bringing the books to him so they can be completed in roughly 3-4 weeks.  "

I'm sure with my luck my books are part of the delayed batch :ohnoez:

57 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Looks like I won't be seeing my submissions for at least two more months. 

I had mine delivered to cgc, one in dec and one in Jan

You'd think since it was pushed back to March, that these would be first in first out and have been signed idk

I tried calling, thinking it's been a week since the signing, and that maybe I could confirm if they had been signed.

It was all kind of vague, other than the rep said, nothing was showing up on their end that it "had been signed but they are all still processing" :( 

I tried to ask when? to justify any call back, but looks as though, I just need to wait to see if my received date updates after expected TAT for pressing :wishluck: 

but this doesn't say much but oye :tonofbricks:  rantrant

I have five books for this signing as well as clean/pressing then grading.

My status simply shows RECEIVED as of 1/28/21. Does anyone else who is waiting for books have a different status than RECEIVED?

I am a patient man, but would love greater clarity about the remaining turnaround time and whether steps will be taken to expedite any of the books that had to be taken to Kevin.

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

When where yours delivered and did you press

Mine were delivered on the last day ..didn’t get received for at least a week after they made it to cgc ..no pressing ..3 blank covers and 3 books 

10 minutes ago, fatlab123 said:

Mine were delivered on the last day ..didn’t get received for at least a week after they made it to cgc ..no pressing ..3 blank covers and 3 books 

Ah ok the no pressing makes sense then, as that tat estimate is 3 weeks

Just we all know cgc touts first in first out, I'd hope at least my dec delivered was signed, if not my Jan delivered as well

The fact that yours was signed but delivered on the last day and deadline, how did they not all get signed :(

Guess I'll have to play it by ear.....

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah ok the no pressing makes sense then, as that tat estimate is 3 weeks

Just we all know cgc touts first in first out, I'd hope at least my dec delivered was signed, if not my Jan delivered as well

The fact that yours was signed but delivered on the last day and deadline, how did they not all get signed :(

Guess I'll have to play it by ear.....

I think they might of underestimate how many books were going to be sketched ..the other signings have been either really expensive or just no sketching at all .  As far as first in , I didn’t know about that part ..but it would make sense this stack is first .  Flip side is my normal cgc books have been sitting for almost 3 weeks with no movement  ..I know they just sent the email , I understand the delays there.

I sent in 2 books for Eastman the week before the cutoff, one magazine sized and one standard sized.  Both to be pressed.  The magazine currently shows a status of “grading / quality control”.  The standard sized has a status of “received”.  CGC may have split them up due to them being different sized books. 

Edited by ngh81

My guess is that any books that were to be signed by just Ben or both Kevin/Ben were done while both guys were there, and the ones that were to be signed by just Kevin will be sent to his house.

55 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

My guess is that any books that were to be signed by just Ben or both Kevin/Ben were done while both guys were there, and the ones that were to be signed by just Kevin will be sent to his house.

His house? I have 2 books and one magazine submitted in December. Will we get a special signed in Eastman's house pedigree?:idea:

15 minutes ago, mytastebud said:

His house? I have 2 books and one magazine submitted in December. Will we get a special signed in Eastman's house pedigree?:idea:

The notice says books are being brought "to him". I interpret that to mean his house.