• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bishop Eastman Signing
5 5

490 posts in this topic

One book... I sent one book.  

But it made it there on the last day and is still marked as, 'received'. 

Such is life.  My book was not worth as much (A pittance really) as what I can only imagine was sent down for him to sign. I would hope that a Turtles 1 in a higher grade is not being transported around the country though.   That could become problematic. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 3/25/2021 at 10:12 AM, mytastebud said:

Well my Eastman signed Donatello 1 and TMNT 10 are both scheduled for grading as of this morning.:banana: I can't wait 

I assume you had just submitted for signing and grading and not pressing, correct?

Mine are all still sitting there as “received” but they were able to confirm that they were signed. I sent in 9 comics total, all Mirage 1-4, Raphael 1, and Fugitoid. Wish there was more clarity in all of this. Everything was usually logged into the system within a few days of delivery, including the specific comic  titles in each order. I probably won’t send anything else in for signing or grading until they have this a bit more streamlined.

1 hour ago, doctIR said:

I assume you had just submitted for signing and grading and not pressing, correct?

Mine are all still sitting there as “received” but they were able to confirm that they were signed. I sent in 9 comics total, all Mirage 1-4, Raphael 1, and Fugitoid. Wish there was more clarity in all of this. Everything was usually logged into the system within a few days of delivery, including the specific comic  titles in each order. I probably won’t send anything else in for signing or grading until they have this a bit more streamlined.

I sent in a TMNT #3 1st print to have Eastman sign. It  is still in received. I did pay for pressing the book too.  I may never send another item in for pressing because of the cost and I am not convinced it helps much.  The chance for Eastman's signature on that book specifically will be special :cloud9: so I am unconcerned about the time it takes so long as I get the book back.

Anybody WITH a press have a status beyond RECEIVED? I have a few books out and was curious if there's a notation in the dashboard to indicate that they've moved onto pressing from signing or if we just get a notification after press.

On 3/15/2021 at 3:41 PM, Bruce Eaton said:

I have five books for this signing as well as clean/pressing then grading.

My status simply shows RECEIVED as of 1/28/21. Does anyone else who is waiting for books have a different status than RECEIVED?

I am a patient man, but would love greater clarity about the remaining turnaround time and whether steps will be taken to expedite any of the books that had to be taken to Kevin.

Does anybody know if there is a way to check the signing status of books that are due for a press as well? I know the press adds 3 weeks post signing. I'm wondering if my books are in the second wave of signing or if, somehow

33 minutes ago, DAL1283 said:

Anybody WITH a press have a status beyond RECEIVED? I have a few books out and was curious if there's a notation in the dashboard to indicate that they've moved onto pressing from signing or if we just get a notification after press.

Does anybody know if there is a way to check the signing status of books that are due for a press as well? I know the press adds 3 weeks post signing. I'm wondering if my books are in the second wave of signing or if, somehow

if your books are signed, when they're through being pressed, under tracing they will get a new "received" date. So if yours are now saying received other than March something they probably haven't been pressed, until they get a new received date from March or soon to be April

As far as are your books signed? you'd have to call to see if your books were part of the 1st batch, they have been able to confirm that mine were part of the 2nd batch, and I only found that out by calling :) 

The one book of mine that was signed in the first round is in the encapsulation room right now. We are now officially out of the three week TAT for round one.

Round two, from what I understand, took place over this past weekend.

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

The one book of mine that was signed in the first round is in the encapsulation room right now. We are now officially out of the three week TAT for round one.

Round two, from what I understand, took place over this past weekend.

wow that would be good news :) 

so is it possible the 2nd round 6 week TAT has started?

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

It is possible. 

Ya I tried calling myself, and that's what they said is that it happened last weekend

Just cant believe how the time flew, and breathing a sigh of relief

The value added by the signature will depend on the book and the grade. There aren't enough recent sales of signed vs. unsigned books to determine something more concrete. Plus with this popular of a signing there is about to be a rush to market of signed books. It's going to be fun to watch IMO.

I'd expect that the rarer/scarcer the book the greater impact. Important to note is how The Last Ronin is impacting Turtles books and their overall popularity right now. Unsigned books are seeing big, big increases. Examples:

TMNT #1 (1984) first print 8.0 unsigned averaged just under $10K during 2020. But the most recent sale in December 2020 was just under $17K.

TMNT #1 (1984) second print 8.0 unsigned averaged $1553 during 2020. The most recent sale this month was $3050.

TMNT #1 (1984) third print 8.0 unsigned averaged $445 during 2020. The most recent sale this month was $1050.

TMNT Adventures #1 Direct Edition (1988) 9.8 unsigned averaged $387 during 2020. The most recent 9.8 sale this month was $1300. A 9.6 averaged $178 during 2020. The most recent 9.6 sale this month was $380.

TMNT Adventures #1 Direct Edition (1989) 9.8 unsigned averaged $157 during 2020. The most recent 9.8 sale this month was $251. A 9.6 averaged $83 during 2020. The most recent 9.6 sale this month was $165.

Values are from GPAnalysis as of 3/30/21.

Edited by Bruce Eaton

21 minutes ago, fatlab123 said:

My Eastman books are graded and being shipped ..just for those wondering how long things are taking 

They were shipped today?