• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bishop Eastman Signing
5 5

490 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Man how much of a grade drop?

I got a 9.2 on a comic that had a chance at 9.6 for sure. Grader notes dented corners.

4 others have damage on exactly the same area. 9.6 all should have been all 9.8.

I'll take a few pics. Maybe some can be saved with a press.

Here are the pics (all damaged in exactly the same area). Like I said I will contact CGC tomorrow. I had them pressed before sending to CGC.

From what I've read, I can probably send them back and they can press and grade again free of charge.

Has this ever happened to you ? Can the white back covers be pressed out you think ?

Upon further review I don't think those corners can be fixed to a 9.8...

20210406_185905.jpg

20210406_184022.jpg

20210406_185054.jpg

20210406_185510.jpg

20210406_190346.jpg

Edited by migmtl76

3 minutes ago, thesink said:

I would not send those back. In my opinion you’re risking an even bigger grade drop. 

In that case would you ask for some sort of compensation ?

There is a big difference in price between 9.6 and 9.8 but  I'm sure you know that :)

Edited by migmtl76

1 hour ago, migmtl76 said:

I got a 9.2 on a comic that had a chance at 9.6 for sure. Grader notes dented corners.

4 others have damage on exactly the same area. 9.6 all should have been all 9.8.

I'll take a few pics. Maybe some can be saved with a press.

Do you have any pictures before you sent them in? 

1 minute ago, fatlab123 said:

Do you have any pictures before you sent them in? 

I don't think so, maybe my presser took some. Big mistake on my part.

Also for signatures, probably best if you have them pressed after and not before signing.

45 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

I don't think so, maybe my presser took some. Big mistake on my part.

Also for signatures, probably best if you have them pressed after and not before signing.

I agree ..I think with the in house signings pressing after is the way to go ...to many hands touching the books 

1 hour ago, migmtl76 said:

In that case would you ask for some sort of compensation ?

There is a big difference in price between 9.6 and 9.8 but  I'm sure you know that :)

No I would not ask for a refund.I understand that shipping can cause issues and during the signing process there can be issues (these artists and writers can be terrible with handling books). The difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8, there's a reason there are no notes typically on 9.6 grades, is so negligible that its basically a feeling the grader gets (I'd be happy if I had the corners you do and it came back above a 9.2). I didn't even complain when my 9.8 graded slab cracked by cgc and pressed by ccs for another signing came back a 9.6. Again this is my opinion. Let us know if you do complain and what the outcome is.

All that said there are times to complain, rips or folded pages... things that cannot happen during standard shipping that CGC should recognize upon receipt of a package but crunched corners can happen anytime. 

2 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

Here are the pics (all damaged in exactly the same area). Like I said I will contact CGC tomorrow. I had them pressed before sending to CGC.

From what I've read, I can probably send them back and they can press and grade again free of charge.

Has this ever happened to you ? Can the white back covers be pressed out you think ?

Upon further review I don't think those corners can be fixed to a 9.8...

Thanks for reaching out, I will respond here so that anyone curious can see the response.
Having a book pressed before a signature doesn't really change anything, you need to get the book pressed AFTER a signature. CGC recommends that and highly promotes it when you enter your submission for a signature event. By not choosing to pay that extra 20$ per book, you (unknowingly in this case) accept that you are ok with any minor damage done to the book when it is signed. If you call CGC, that is what they will tell you, as that is what they said in the past. What you can do, is send these back to CGC and have them press it to smooth out that fold. It can be pressed out for sure, but I do not know if it will leave a mark that will still stop it from being a 9.8. You would have to do all this at your own cost though. 

This sucks hard, real hard, and it is examples like this that CGC uses to indicate that you should spend that extra 20$ on pressing.

33 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Thanks for reaching out, I will respond here so that anyone curious can see the response.
Having a book pressed before a signature doesn't really change anything, you need to get the book pressed AFTER a signature. CGC recommends that and highly promotes it when you enter your submission for a signature event. By not choosing to pay that extra 20$ per book, you (unknowingly in this case) accept that you are ok with any minor damage done to the book when it is signed. If you call CGC, that is what they will tell you, as that is what they said in the past. What you can do, is send these back to CGC and have them press it to smooth out that fold. It can be pressed out for sure, but I do not know if it will leave a mark that will still stop it from being a 9.8. You would have to do all this at your own cost though. 

This sucks hard, real hard, and it is examples like this that CGC uses to indicate that you should spend that extra 20$ on pressing.

Thanks for the helpful info. I trust my presser 100% thats why I chose him. If the books were damaged during the signing, a press afterwards might not even have entirely gotten rid of those creases. I will still reach out to cgc and see if they can do something. It doesnt hurt to try. I might resubmit at least one of them with a press and take a gamble but might risk getting a 9.6 or worse less... 

2 hours ago, DINGER033 said:

Still waiting on mine, they didn't make the first round of signings showing received 2/8 hope it moves soon. 

mine too and still the waiting lol 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

mine too and still the waiting lol 

When I called last week the rep I spoke to said the second signing was done as of that past weekend. This would place the completion of the second round books roughly 2 weeks out from today. Has anyone else received that information? 

4 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

When I called last week the rep I spoke to said the second signing was done as of that past weekend. This would place the completion of the second round books roughly 2 weeks out from today. Has anyone else received that information? 

I did when I called last week, but I called yesterday for another reason and while I was on the phone mentioned it, the person seem to not know when the signing would take place but that it wasn't cancelled

They haven't made an official announcement on Facebook that it has happened so idk

@Ryan. I did try calling again cause I wanted to ask if there would be at least an "official announcement" of any sort.... was told probably not but

that the signing should happen some time next week :wishluck: so Idk if we can get a definitive yet it's at least something ........ 

:tink: 

19 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Ryan. I did try calling again cause I wanted to ask if there would be at least an "official announcement" of any sort.... was told probably not but

that the signing should happen some time next week :wishluck: so Idk if we can get a definitive yet it's at least something ........ 

:tink: 

Oof. This has not been a smooth operation.

It's worth noting when I called today 

I asked if there would be an official announcement and the person said, good question, put me on hold to talk to someone, then told me should be next week but no announcement would be made

We shall see

I finally called because it looked as though the extra Claremonts had been done, but there wasnt ever an official announcement that I'm aware of

Sigh

Edited by ADAMANTIUM