• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bishop Eastman Signing
5 5

490 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

Thanks for the helpful info. I trust my presser 100% thats why I chose him. If the books were damaged during the signing, a press afterwards might not even have entirely gotten rid of those creases. I will still reach out to cgc and see if they can do something. It doesnt hurt to try. I might resubmit at least one of them with a press and take a gamble but might risk getting a 9.6 or worse less... 

So how did it go? Also, I now have a better sense of what you meant with this. I was really fixated on this being a sig series event but I can see your angle because were this a regular submission, your result would indeed be something to be really ticked off about. CGC does state that the books are indeed guaranteed within their care so they should not be worse when sent back to you than when received. People have complained to CGC in the past and CGC did honour that part by taking the book back at their cost and pressing it and regrading it. That's what you are referring to, I get that now.

I don't think this applies to signature events though since they state there that a book's condition coming in is not guaranteed to stay the same.

More thoughts on this, I think there is some weird stuff going on here. Them all having the same issue means your set of books was bumped against something while together. Could have been during shipping or handling. The weird stuff is that 9.6 almost seems too good for this kind of defect. Sure, if it's only 1 defect I might understand but it looks more like a 9.4, a book which shows signs of handling. I don't know, just writing down my thoughts as they come to me.  You'll let us know what CGC says, I hope the situation gets better for you.

I called CGC today and spoke to a customer service rep who was clearly in training, as I could hear someone else whispering responses to him in the background. While I still don't have any clarity on whether or not the second Eastman signing has happened yet, I did find out that a submission of mine currently in "Scheduled for Grading" did in fact get signed in the first round and will be moving to the encapsulation process soon.

That's good news, though the guaranteed 3 week TAT is looking sillier and sillier by the day.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:51 PM, fatlab123 said:

Ok just got my books in ..I’m happy with the sketches ..I knew going in they were going to be slightly better then his normal turtle . Also was shocked on the 2nd print though it was a 9.0 

I really like how that TMNT 99 border blank turned out, now I'm kicking myself. 

On 4/7/2021 at 11:38 PM, William-James88 said:

So how did it go? Also, I now have a better sense of what you meant with this. I was really fixated on this being a sig series event but I can see your angle because were this a regular submission, your result would indeed be something to be really ticked off about. CGC does state that the books are indeed guaranteed within their care so they should not be worse when sent back to you than when received. People have complained to CGC in the past and CGC did honour that part by taking the book back at their cost and pressing it and regrading it. That's what you are referring to, I get that now.

I don't think this applies to signature events though since they state there that a book's condition coming in is not guaranteed to stay the same.

More thoughts on this, I think there is some weird stuff going on here. Them all having the same issue means your set of books was bumped against something while together. Could have been during shipping or handling. The weird stuff is that 9.6 almost seems too good for this kind of defect. Sure, if it's only 1 defect I might understand but it looks more like a 9.4, a book which shows signs of handling. I don't know, just writing down my thoughts as they come to me.  You'll let us know what CGC says, I hope the situation gets better for you.

I'm with you on this, can't believe those got 9.6.

39 minutes ago, Fisionbomb said:

I'm with you on this, can't believe those got 9.6.

Yeah basically CGC told me I assumed the risk when sending even if they mess up in handling the books...

I won't submitting for signings anymore. Expense and too darn risky.

A blue label 9.8 TMNT Adventures #1 is way better than a signed 9.6...

11 hours ago, Otter1775 said:

Update:

Received notification yesterday, via email that issues TMNT Adventures  2 & 3 are now scheduled for grading. Number 1 with remarque still not scheduled for grading. Books received 16 January.

An email? I guess that means they were back from pressing? 

5 minutes ago, Otter1775 said:

I guess so. Still watching cement drying. Lol

:roflmao: so true!

I had mine pressed as well. Although I usually dont or not by ccs so I forget about the process when it comes to pressing lol

Good move to press it after its Signed. If the book was mishandled it might press out pressable defects. I had the books pressed before the signing and yup they got damned now I got a bunch of 9.6s. Not bad but when you think they were 9.8s before sending them in and now have damned corners you think the blue label would have been good enough. 

I also sent my two submitted for Eastman signing for CCS pressing after. TMNT #2 was 8.5 and TMNT #3 was a 9.0. Even a half grade bump makes the time and extra $ worth it. Still showing as "received" but hope a status change is coming in the next few days based on what is being posted here.