• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bishop Eastman Signing
5 5

490 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, rexinnih said:

I also sent my two submitted for Eastman signing for CCS pressing after. TMNT #2 was 8.5 and TMNT #3 was a 9.0. Even a half grade bump makes the time and extra $ worth it. Still showing as "received" but hope a status change is coming in the next few days based on what is being posted here. 

It's my hope too, but if cgc I not to make an official statement or announcement that it's happened then who knows 

Still. I sent in a Nintendo power #6 that i was lucky enough to get Campbell to do a pizza skecth on that came back 8.5, that's pretty high grade for that issue, I'm hoping it will retain with the Eastman sketch :pullhair: but waiting is like. ....   ...... .......

Also sent my TMNT adventures 1 that I expect to grade in the 9's but not 9.8

I thought I would update everyone on my order. I sent in Donatello 1(1986), TMNT 3 (paid for press) and 10 for Mr. Eastman to sign at the end of December. It showed received on 12/30 (a week later) and did not change until 3 weeks ago where it finally went to SFG. Last Friday 4/9 it went to grading CC and today 2 books shipped. The TMNT 3 is still received with no change. My TMNT 10 is coming back SS 9.0 graders notes rusty staples (shrug)and the Donatello 1 SS 9.8. I will post pictures when I get the two books Friday. Very surprised at the 9.0. I had it much higher, but it is what it is. Thrilled with my Donatello 9.8 though :banana:

Update on mine.

1 book no press received 12/4 and went into SFG 3/16. It's been 4 weeks since it went into SFG and no movement.

I've seen a lot of people post on social media and non of them had their books received before my 12/4. So much for first in first out...

18 minutes ago, Kchung said:

Update on mine.

1 book no press received 12/4 and went into SFG 3/16. It's been 4 weeks since it went into SFG and no movement.

I've seen a lot of people post on social media and non of them had their books received before my 12/4. So much for first in first out...

Maybe I missed it, but where is everyone getting the “first in first out” from?  

12 minutes ago, Kchung said:

it's in their statement CGC released regarding turnaround times back in mid March

huh, I wouldn't have read that as applying to the in-house signings unless you pointed it out to me. I still wouldn't think they meant for it to apply since processing the orders like that is an unnecessary organizational step when cgc is obviously struggling to keep up. 

16 minutes ago, thesink said:

huh, I wouldn't have read that as applying to the in-house signings unless you pointed it out to me. I still wouldn't think they meant for it to apply since processing the orders like that is an unnecessary organizational step when cgc is obviously struggling to keep up. 

Also, if you click status explanation on the submission tracking page it says "Submissions are then arranged by service and received date so that they can be graded on a "first in-first out" basis by service type."

4 minutes ago, Kchung said:

Also, if you click status explanation on the submission tracking page it says "Submissions are then arranged by service and received date so that they can be graded on a "first in-first out" basis by service type."

Well, these are all the same service and its arguable they are all the same received date since the process cannot start until signed. 

I ended up calling customer service just right now. There was no light shed on my TMNT 3 signing. She commented that it was part of the batch Eastman still needed to sign. I joked that I won't see the book for a year and she said once its signed it should be a 6 week turnaround. 

I mentioned to her that I have three more modern submissions of 10 each and a 2 book Standard submission all in limbo and not marked received even though the 1st submission reached them on March 23. She said they are still opening mail from March 15-19.

3 hours ago, mytastebud said:

I ended up calling customer service just right now. There was no light shed on my TMNT 3 signing. She commented that it was part of the batch Eastman still needed to sign. I joked that I won't see the book for a year and she said once its signed it should be a 6 week turnaround. 

I mentioned to her that I have three more modern submissions of 10 each and a 2 book Standard submission all in limbo and not marked received even though the 1st submission reached them on March 23. She said they are still opening mail from March 15-19.

Not much consolation, but I can confirm that I have a bunch of books from this week (March 18th to be exact) that have not been received yet.

3 hours ago, Chetgunderson said:

Not much consolation, but I can confirm that I have a bunch of books from this week (March 18th to be exact) that have not been received yet.

I have some keys sent in that week and anxiously awaiting an update to "received." Tracking shows delivered and hope for status update soon. 

7 hours ago, Ryan. said:

One of my invoices shipped last night. 

One is in hand. 

One is SFG. 

Two are still received. 

What's your most recent received for the ones pressed? Or did they go directly to sfg? I'm trying to ask when you got the most recent back from pressing to see if somehow the next batch if signing happend?

I doubt it has or you would have offered that info obviously so  :(

I'm guessing the wait is on...

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

What's your most recent received for the ones pressed? Or did they go directly to sfg? I'm trying to ask when you got the most recent back from pressing to see if somehow the next batch if signing happend?

I doubt it has or you would have offered that info obviously so  :(

I'm guessing the wait is on...

From what I can tell the received status invoices haven't been signed yet. 

I emailed for a specific update on my books: Received 1/28/21.

They say mine were signed at HQ (not sent out) I had pressing before grading so they expect I will see updates soon and receive the books in the next few weeks.

We'll see.

41 minutes ago, Bruce Eaton said:

I emailed for a specific update on my books: Received 1/28/21.

They say mine were signed at HQ (not sent out) I had pressing before grading so they expect I will see updates soon and receive the books in the next few weeks.

We'll see.

If there at head quarters and not sent out, does that even mean they've been signed? To my knowledge the 2nd signing hasn't happened yet

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If there at head quarters and not sent out, does that even mean they've been signed? To my knowledge the 2nd signing hasn't happened yet

I may not have been clear. According to CGC mine were part of the initial signing in early March, not part of any batch being sent to Eastman. But the pressing/grading is taking time.

3 hours ago, mytastebud said:

As promised, two of my submissions to CGC for the Eastman signing. I wish I could have had more signed. Just couldn't swing it financially. I will have to sell the #10 even though it looks way higher in grade to me. Grader notes said rusty staples yet they are super clean on the outside of the book.  

So happy to have them back:banana:

IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

Woo-Hoo! They look great :tink: