• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bishop Eastman Signing
5 5

490 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Buzzetta

Any luck? 

If I were anyone in CGC I would be embarrassed by what I am about to post.   

The picture below is the envelope I received in the mail today from the US State Department. Look at the postmark.  This was sent out on May 5th.  I sent the Turtles book in back in February.  I sent my old passport in to be renewed after that.

Who’s turnaround times are better?  CGC or the US State Department’s?  Why, the US State Department.  My book is still in “received”.

I sent my old passport in and received it back in one envelope along with the new one and the travel card in separate envelopes in a shorter amount of time than the turtle's book.  Meanwhile, let's take solicitations for a signing with Diego Luna, Roy Thomas and another round of autograph signings with Bagley.  

So I did the math again and unfortunately I think I MUST renew my membership this year because I am afraid that with current turnaround times extending books into 2022, that my books will get caught in limbo if I cancel my membership in October.   My books are NOT getting graded in October.  

Turnaround times across the board are insane and the price increase is not justified.  Again, don't brag about increasing the facilities and the increase in grader hirings in order to justify the cost when turnaround times continue to increase.   Current turnaround times with a CCS press push CGC submissions returned around February / March 2022. 

So, yeah.

Renew again in October, send out as much as I can and then call it a day in 2022 after I have everything back. 

IMG_3585.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The picture below is the envelope I received in the mail today from the US State Department. Look at the postmark.  This was sent out on May 5th.  I sent the Turtles book in back in February.  I sent my old passport in to be renewed after that.

Who’s turnaround times are better?  CGC or the US State Department’s?  Why, the US State Department.  My book is still in “received”.

I sent my old passport in and received it back in one envelope along with the new one and the travel card in separate envelopes in a shorter amount of time than the turtle's book.  Meanwhile, let's take solicitations for a signing with Diego Luna, Roy Thomas and another round of autograph signings with Bagley.  

So I did the math again and unfortunately I think I MUST renew my membership this year because I am afraid that with current turnaround times extending books into 2022, that my books will get caught in limbo if I cancel my membership in October.   My books are NOT getting graded in October.  

Turnaround times across the board are insane and the price increase is not justified.  Again, don't brag about increasing the facilities and the increase in grader hirings in order to justify the cost when turnaround times continue to increase.   Current turnaround times with a CCS press push CGC submissions returned around February / March 2022. 

So, yeah.

Renew again in October, send out as much as I can and then call it a day in 2022 after I have everything back. 

IMG_3585.jpeg

Wow! :whatthe: I was hoping for something, but wasn't sure how it would go!

Maybe it'll change by then :hi: may have to wait till October to check yes or no on that one though  (thumbsu

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wow! :whatthe: I was hoping for something, but wasn't sure how it would go!

Maybe it'll change by then :hi: may have to wait till October to check yes or no on that one though  (thumbsu

Oh, I am sending in additional books to be pressed by Joe.  I am certain the Turtles book will be signed by October unless they lost it.  It is the other books that I worry will be caught in limbo of I cancel the membership in October. 

Again though... "State Department" :facepalm:

19 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

So, yeah.

IMG_3585.jpeg

I think after august or whenever the free money runs out will see things slow down. Also schools and work opening back up will slow the free time people have to play with collectibles. The new hires should be helping with the back log but hearing the grading etc hasn’t been good ..same thing is happening in the cards at Psa 

Maybe I should post this on the PGM section but I would love to ask the opinions here. With the amount of errors here should I contact CGC about a possible grading error? The TMNT 10 signature I mentioned a few pages ago has grader notes: multiple staple rusted centerfold. There is no evidence of rust on the outside cover. How can a staple rust on the inside of the book and not anywhere on the outside? Plus I checked the book before sending in. Any help is appreciated. 2 close ups of the staples

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG

1 hour ago, mytastebud said:

Maybe I should post this on the PGM section but I would love to ask the opinions here. With the amount of errors here should I contact CGC about a possible grading error? The TMNT 10 signature I mentioned a few pages ago has grader notes: multiple staple rusted centerfold. There is no evidence of rust on the outside cover. How can a staple rust on the inside of the book and not anywhere on the outside? Plus I checked the book before sending in. Any help is appreciated. 2 close ups of the staples

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG

Contact them and send in pics.  That's insane.

45 minutes ago, greggy said:

I've seen staples rusted at the centerfold and not show on the outside so it's possible.

xoxo

greggy

I trust your word so I will go with that.  To be honest though I not only have never seen that I didn’t think it was possible. 

My book finally went into Finalized / Imaged / Shipped. Overall process took just over 5 months, it was received on 12/4/20.

I'm a little bummed about the grade though. It was a Last Ronin 1 Eastman Convention and only got a 9.6. I thoroughly inspected the book before sending, must have gotten a ding somewhere during transit or during the signing. Was pretty confident that it would get a 9.8. Oh well...

18 minutes ago, Kchung said:

My book finally went into Finalized / Imaged / Shipped. Overall process took just over 5 months, it was received on 12/4/20.

I'm a little bummed about the grade though. It was a Last Ronin 1 Eastman Convention and only got a 9.6. I thoroughly inspected the book before sending, must have gotten a ding somewhere during transit or during the signing. Was pretty confident that it would get a 9.8. Oh well...

At least it is shipped, after the long wait I'm sure you wanted a 9.8, I wonder if cgc still downgrades for finger prints, but I assume yours was pressed, which would be done after the signing so ya; at least it's on its way home :wishluck: 

On 5/8/2021 at 7:24 PM, greggy said:

I've seen staples rusted at the centerfold and not show on the outside so it's possible.

xoxo

greggy

I have definitely seen this.

On 5/8/2021 at 5:01 PM, mytastebud said:

I'll tell you how, because the environment within the book is different to the environment outside the book. Within the book you have the staples directly in contact with ink on newsprint paper which will exude gasses and such. It's the same reason as to why a book could worsen in page colour overtime while the cover still looks good.

Remember, comics were made using the cheapest materials around, they will degrade from within. That's what happened to your book. If think CGC is wrong, then crack your book and investigate yourself. That will be the only way to show cgc that they are wrong about what they indicated.

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

1/11/21
In house Signing Magazine
Received

1/5/21
In-house Signing Grading
Scheduled for Grading

Yes lol

I hadn't forgot about you @Ryan. it's the three amigos! 

200-2.gif

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

It's like watching paint dry.

I was hoping a 4th turtle would jump out and say they're waiting too, but if Raph is out there, hes fiddling with Casey Jones sporting a trench coat at the moment hm

:whatthe:

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was hoping a 4th turtle would jump out and say they're waiting too, but if Raph is out there, hes fiddling with Casey Jones sporting a trench coat at the moment hm

What's Raph fiddling with under Casey's trench coat? hm

Just now, Ryan. said:

What's Raph fiddling with under Casey's trench coat? hm

Lol breathing a sai of relief I'm sure

I asked family if I'm going to peek at the grade, and after I peel dry paint with my thumbnail and its shipped, I'll look!

Then it'll be time for another trench coat of shalack and primer, waiting on the Nintendo Power