• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I find a reliable Comic Book Presser?
3 3

33 posts in this topic

One way to potentially limit damage after pressing is to see if the presser you choose will ship books to CGC on your behalf...this will save you one shipping leg (from the presser back to you), and I'd assume most reputable pressers will pack your books very securely for the trip to CGC.

This is, of course, assuming you're not planning to submit your just-pressed books with a bunch of other books and want to open only one invoice with CGC...

3 hours ago, silverseeker said:

One way to potentially limit damage after pressing is to see if the presser you choose will ship books to CGC on your behalf...this will save you one shipping leg (from the presser back to you), and I'd assume most reputable pressers will pack your books very securely for the trip to CGC.

This is, of course, assuming you're not planning to submit your just-pressed books with a bunch of other books and want to open only one invoice with CGC...

There are better options out there...do your research. 

You all probably already know this but just in case, somebody mentioned the possibility of dropping off their books directly to CGC in Sarasota.  I live fairly close and was wondering the same. Maybe I am a control freak but shipping pricey books concerns me.  The website says they stopped accepting books from the public due to COVID. With things in Florida being what they are, I called to see if that policy was going change in the near future.  The answer is no.  They are no longer going to allow the public to drop directly.  Next call is to Joey!!

I never had my books pressed, but the info in this thread is helpful.

I have a question...If you are not sure if the books would be improved by pressing, would someone like Joey Post make that decision for you when you send the books to him? I would not want to pay for a pressing where it would be useless in improving the book.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Bludriver said:

I never had my books pressed, but the info in this thread is helpful.

I have a question...If you are not sure if the books would be improved by pressing, would someone like Joey Post make that decision for you when you send the books to him? I would not want to pay for a pressing where it would be useless in improving the book.

Thanks

Most pressing companies will do a pre-screen for you if asked. Some charge...some don't for this service. 

On 3/10/2021 at 11:36 PM, thehumantorch said:

We've tried two other local guys with good reputations, mostly to see if they were faster, and did okay but none of the books when graded surprised us in a good way.  Every submission we've sent through Joey had at least 1 big winner.  We haven't sent a ton through either local guy so our sample size isn't conclusive but Joey's results  have won our business

Joey is the best in the biz. (thumbsu

And I told you so. lol 

4 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

And based on the turnaround times on his webpage, currently showing a more than five month backlog, very popular! :ohnoez:

Do you want it done right or do you want it done fast? When I choose @joeypost, I know it will be done right. I am willing to wait for this.

Edited by Math Teacher

10 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

Do you want it done right or do you want it done fast? When I choose @joeypost, I know it will be done right. I am willing to wait for this.

Oh, I want them done right. Somewhere in the stacks and heaps of comics at CFP are 48 of my own, waiting to be pressed to perfection.

16 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

And, an added bonus: Joey is within driving distance of CGC and often drives your books to their door.