• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nashville Comic and Horror Convention

41 posts in this topic

We`re just a couple days away from the show -- and i just confirmed that Earl will be there -- and there will be con T-shirts this year -- and they look pretty cool -- hope to see ya there

Earl Shaw?

I think i might have seen him, he was talking about a big yardsale find from a few years ago if it's the same guy. I grabbed a tomb of drac 13 from him (in grading forum for review). Overall a pretty weak show HG bronze wise. I did land some nice sketches from Tony Moore, Phil Hester and Eric Powell so it was worth the trip that way.. and got to meet bigmike who's a really nice guy and gave me 30% off my spec spidey 28

Hey Pirate - I think I was standing next to you at one point when you were aksing about a TOD #13 (I was the guy in the Miracleman hoodie). . I kind of agree with you on the status of the show - it was fun to be there, but there wasn't a lot of outstanding product. What Hester sketch did you get? I saw a Deathstroke he was working on that looked like it was gonna be pretty nice...

Hey pkveronese -- i didnt know that was you -- that was a very nice hoodie -- did i hear that your wife made it -- anyway -- got to get back to work -- Mike
\

Yep, my wife made it (*good wife* smile.gif). I think I could have sold like 10 of them at the show.

Which booth were you at?

bigmike was in the back left corner facing out to the right....

yea i was the fat bald guy who bought the TOD and think i got a super steal on it. Hester drew me a full huntress and tony moore drew me a zombie batman head with catwoman and joker behind. They were both neat drawings and my bounded sketchbook thanked me.

Ended up doing pretty good with my limited amount of stock -- bought 6 boxes of bulk low grade silver to higher grade 80`s books saturday morning and turned a profit on the deal by the afternoon -- and on sunday picked up a really nice tales of suspense # 59 -- 1`st dual story line -- in vf .... sweet book --- and best of all -- a Pope J.P. II dvd for my mother in law -- that should keep me in good standing --lol