• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay offensive material policy - Just the beginning of censorship, already happening? Whats the scoop?
3 3

631 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Fin Tutuola?

Law and Order SVU

Yeah and Scott Appleton in New Jack city

I mean he writes music with such disdain for authority (or at least he did) and yet he takes on roles epitomizing it

What he is an entertainer.

Problem is the message some of these people in the publics eye's manipulate the vulnerable youth of our society

Edited by Hollywood1892

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Yeah and Scott Appleton in New Jack city

I mean he writes music with such disdain for authority (or at least he did) and yet he takes on roles epitomizing it

What he is an entertainer.

Problem is the message some of these people in the publics eye's manipulate the vulnerable youth of our society

I think he is who he always was, out there making that money any way he can. Maybe early on it was truer to his life experience? But yeah, I agree, he is playing a role...Ice-T.

I am all up for people being happy.  The USA is built on Freedoms.  I love all peoples.  

However, the fact that there are individuals sitting around picking apart Muppet Episodes, or the gender of a plastic toy potato has gotten to the point of sheer ridiculousness.  And while these edits are smaller measures, and have no bearing on any of our day to day lives, there will come a point that if this keeps up, something you may own/hold dear, as innocuous as it is to you, will be ripped apart as insensitive, and you will be labeled whatever the Cancel Culture wants to call you.    

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/02/25/mister-potato-head-gender-neutral/

5 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

When I spoke to them in December on the phone they kept referencing the policy that says anything that has a swastika produced after 1933 is banned from their marketplace.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 2.00.48 PM.png

Back in the good old days when you could call ebay - i spoke to a supervisor.

She knew Spire were Christian publishers, and so was happy for me to list it - as an 'anti-nazi' book

I've sold 3 without problem.

You sometimes just need to get the right person on ebay who isn't just there to tick all the KPI boxes.

Good Luck  :wishluck:

5 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

I'm surprised this thread is still going. If it was posted in the Water Cooler it'd probably be locked by now. :popcorn:

if it was in the WC it would be locked because all those WC people would ruin it :sumo:

:devil:

1 hour ago, snitzer said:

...not b/c of musical talent 😂

edit: only reached #4 in the US

Ol' Chrissy doesn't look so good nowadays...

8 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

When I spoke to them in December on the phone they kept referencing the policy that says anything that has a swastika produced after 1933 is banned from their marketplace.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 2.00.48 PM.png

There goes about 50% of the Invaders covers.   And that is just Bronze Age. 

5 hours ago, Ryan. said:

What's going on with the guitarist? 

No old tapes or LPs here. I listen to everything digitally now cause I'm lazy. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cannibal-corpse-star-pat-obriens-22876069

Things got pretty darn metal

1 hour ago, greggy said:

Being dead does that to you. :(

It usually is the case.

Except in Wandavision apparently

an article about TCM had this, and I think it is relevant and well said so I'll put it here

"The phrase, 'cancel culture,' ends up distorting the history and minimizing the importance of what we're talking about," the host continues. "It's a phrase that serves a political end, but not an artistic end or a meaningful understanding of what we're talking about. I am very pleased to be on the side of having thoughtful, interesting conversations about popular art forms that — through their sheer power — unleveled the played field. You don't have to respect those conversations, but they are going to make us better and stronger as a country. I don't know why anyone on Earth would be afraid of that."

13 hours ago, Bird said:

if it was in the WC it would be locked because all those WC people would ruin it :sumo:

:devil:

I'd better not post here again, then.

Maybe play it safe, go back there, and resurrect the Lancashire Kitchens Appreciation Thread.

Universally admired, controversy free.

Edited by Ken Aldred