• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay offensive material policy - Just the beginning of censorship, already happening? Whats the scoop?
3 3

631 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Bird said:

bobby brown...keep it greasy were ones I mentioned earlier. Those two are top of the list off the top of my head.

Bobby Brown, easily right [in a couple of places like tower of power/golden shower].  Keep it Greasy is all suggestion IIRC.

Edited by grebal
but the comp. pretty much fails because counter-culture-FZ didn't have wide popularity in the States beyond a medium-sized segment of rock or guitar fans;whereas Cardi B got the only interview with Biden during campaign and is worshipped more than a Pope

6 minutes ago, grebal said:

Booby Brown, easily right.  Keep it greasy is all suggestion IIRC.

a girl don't need, no fancy grease, to get herself some rump release?  very suggestive, I agree hm

ROLL IT OVER AND GREASE IT DOWN I'LL DRIVE YOU THROUGH THE HEART OF TOWN

but they do just say the same thing over and over again, mostly at least, so I will concede a bit on that one

I put Bobby Brown on a tape I made for my 16 year old nephew when he started playing bass guitar. I made him some great bass songs (thela hun jinjeet, Jaco, etc.) and toosed that one in the middle. I do not think my brother ever found out though.

after all this, this will be the post that does me in! 

Edited by Bird

10 hours ago, Bird said:

My father always called my older brother "number one son" after the movies characters. It was a nice nostalgic memory.

For many years, when I called home and my mother answered, I identified myself as "number one son" - and told people that she pretended like it was because I was the oldest (of 3), but I knew better. Since she passed in 2019 I don't really do that with my dad, I don't know why. I guess I just feel like it was our thing, me and my mother.

1 minute ago, ttfitz said:

For many years, when I called home and my mother answered, I identified myself as "number one son" - and told people that she pretended like it was because I was the oldest (of 3), but I knew better. Since she passed in 2019 I don't really do that with my dad, I don't know why. I guess I just feel like it was our thing, me and my mother.

so are you trying to say that my father loves my brother more than me? (shrug)

just messin!

and sorry for the loss of your mother!

Edited by Bird

2 hours ago, pemart1966 said:
3 hours ago, ttfitz said:

And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street is probably my favorite Seuss book, and frankly one of my favorite books, period. When I first saw these stories, I thought, "Gee, what's offensive in that?" But when I read a more involved story that mentioned the stereotypical Asian depiction, it popped clearly in my head and I thought, "Oh, yeah, that's not good."

According to a recent article in the NY Times, "Mulberry Street" was edited in the 1970s...

Could be, I would have read it in the 60s the first time. I could swear we have a copy of it, but I can't find it on the bookshelf with the rest of the Seuss.

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

@Buzzetta I don’t think you’ve been here 

I posted in the early part of the thread.  I will post again toward the end when I think there is a chance of getting some quick and easy pernts.   I mean... with this thread it is bound to happen. 

36 minutes ago, Bird said:

a girl don't need, no fancy grease, to get herself some rump release?  very suggestive, I agree hm

ROLL IT OVER AND GREASE IT DOWN I'LL DRIVE YOU THROUGH THE HEART OF TOWN

but they do just say the same thing over and over again, mostly at least, so I will concede a bit on that one

I put Bobby Brown on a tape I made for my 16 year old nephew when he started playing bass guitar. I made him some great bass songs (thela hun jinjeet, Jaco, etc.) and toosed that one in the middle. I do not think my brother ever found out though.

after all this, this will be the post that does me in! 

Heck, Prince had a lot more suggestive stuff than that during most of the same time. Rick James too.

None of that bothered me then, and today's music topics don't bother me now. I always looked at songs like an art project. It's just the work of someone's imagination. Bob Marley didn't really shoot the Sheriff. Vicki Lawrence didn't really kill anyone the night the lights went out in Georgia. 

I may not like much of today's rap music, but I could care less what they're saying.

20 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Just wondering if any of you would like to buy a bootleg copy of "Song of the South".

Ha... the last time I saw it was around 1993-1996 when I worked for Disney.  Someone had a copy of it and we put it on after work.

If anyone wants to see it... Here... 

Many people think that Song of the South is mostly just Zip-a-Dee Doo Dah and Brer Fox and Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear. 

It's the human parts that are kind of awkward for a Disney movie.  They realized that by 1986 after it was re-released in theaters. Watch the whole movie if you have never seen it.   It's awkward for a Disney movie. 

https://archive.org/details/SongoftheSouthJPLaserdiscRip1/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, Bird said:
1 hour ago, ttfitz said:

Catholic Girls.

you know how it goes

Grew up in a small southern town, so not many Catholics, period. But I did want to check out the CYO.

My favorite uncle, only 11 years older than me, was a big Zappa fan - he gave me Apostrophe when I was a kid, pretty tame for Zappa I guess.

36 minutes ago, Bird said:
38 minutes ago, ttfitz said:

so are you trying to say that my father loves my brother more than me? (shrug)

It's not ME who's sayin' it.... :baiting:

37 minutes ago, Bird said:

and sorry for the loss of your mother!

Thank you, I appreciate it. It made me very aware of what people were going thru over the last year - I had been able to be with her from June 30th when she first had a brain bleed until she passed in November, and be there to help my dad over that same period. I can't imagine all that without being able to be there, like people have been going thru.

54 minutes ago, grebal said:
1 hour ago, ttfitz said:
On 3/5/2021 at 3:54 PM, Bird said:

I can put 10 Frank Zappa songs up against any Cardi B song, WAP included, and you will agree that the Zappa is more obscene and more sexual

Catholic Girls.

Nah. Pretty tame overall.  You know how they go ... after the show.  or I love how they go, so send me a dozen.   or Aaall the way . . .  or She was on her knees.  Nothing like Cardi B's wet kittens in that particular one, just a lot of suggestive lyrics, mostly innuendo.

A lot more than just suggestive and innuendo, this is pretty straightforward:

At the CYO
When they learn to blow

They're learning to blow
All the Catholic Boys!

11 minutes ago, comeaux said:

The Merchants of Woke strike again

When you act like this you are a childish bore.   What a shame as you could be so much more. 

Anybody got a peanut? 

image.thumb.png.5a122db8d408ea4db077292693c1a747.png

Edited by Buzzetta

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

When you act like this you are a childish bore.   What a shame as you could be so much more. 

Anybody got a peanut? 

image.thumb.png.5a122db8d408ea4db077292693c1a747.png

I got to go fishing with him as a kid

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I am not sure why a free speech advocate is against virtue signalling? Isn't that protected and free speech as well? Isn't the press release an exercise in free speech? Free speech is there for the things you do not want to hear, not the things that you do want to hear. My stance as a free speech advocate is that all voices should be heard and the ones that cannot stand the heat will fall aside; my personal faith in humanity beoeves that the better and more productive ideas will generally rise up and remain. And free speech advocates will not be chilled because they know how important it is. Yes some will fall aside but others will continue to stand.

Both you and I have been pretty active in this thread. Are either of us chilled by it? It doesn't seem so and I hope not. 

Yes, a press-release is free-speech.  I was just thinking out loud about the cascade of events afterwards that are chilling the free speech of those specific books, the ensuing removal of those books from public school libraries (which is happening now) and the feebay example that started this thread. Still nothing regarding the cop-killer CD experiment I did, I guess for feebay, silence is consent. It's almost too coincidental. hm

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Short version-my great uncle I guess had worked with him in construction briefly in Montreal and they became long time friends.every few years Andre would visit the family cottage and relax.I was a wrasslin fan and Uncle Gary made the mistake saying he knew him and would see him that summer-I harangued and hassled and and and......It was myself-I think six or seven years old,my uncle and grandfather with Andre in a big aluminum boat,must have been a twelve footer or more.

I started crying when he got in because he was just so big and heavy there was maybe an inch or two of the boats rim out of the water,I was sure we'd capsize and sink in the middle of the lake! All I remember about the fishing time is terror!Not of him,he was really kind,I loved him and held on tight and he was concerned,kept telling me in his deep accent,it'll be okay,shhh shhh.We didn't catch anything,ate bbq dogs and burgers,corn.There has to be a picture somewhere but where in the family I don't know,my gramps had sixteen brothers and sisters,anyone could have it.

When it comes to Andre and kids, I've never heard of anything else but something like this.  That's such a cool memory.