• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting milestone achieved!
2 2

26 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Silver said:

I have been collecting the Brave and the Bold since 1974. It's been one of my major collecting goals to have 1 hrough 24 complete, the pre-hero issues. I just love the characters, stories, and art from those issues. With the addition of #12 that goal is now complete! 

I'm now one issue away from a complete 1-200 of B&B...sadly it is #28 and the right copy just hasn't come along yet.

AEC096EC-47B0-44BE-9D7A-264BD8D9C433.jpeg

:luhv:

Lovely!  I hope you had a chance to read the stories :wishluck:

I know it looks like a lot of graded books but I have read almost every story in each issue. Some of these were graded by me, some I bought. I have reprints too of the entire Viking Price run. I couldn’t tell you which I liked more, Silent Knight or Viking Prince, I liked those two equally. Even the Robin Hood stories were good, although the covers to those issues weren’t my favorites. While a common issue overall, the cover to 22 is probably my favorite, followed closely by 15 and 24. 

Edited by Silver

Just beautiful.

I love that title, and a 1-200 run has always been a dream of mine.  (So I understand well what an accomplishment this is, and you'll find your 28 eventually.)

Ironically, 12 is the only pre-hero issue I ever did obtain.  (Mine is not nearly as nice as yours, though.)

Congratulations!

7 hours ago, Silver said:

I know it looks like a lot of graded books but I have read almost every story in each issue. Some of these were graded by me, some I bought. I have reprints too of the entire Viking Price run. I couldn’t tell you which I liked more, Silent Knight or Viking Prince, I liked those two equally. Even the Robin Hood stories were good, although the covers to those issues weren’t my favorites. While a common issue overall, the cover to 22 is probably my favorite, followed closely by 15 and 24. 

I, too, have a 1 - 24 run of the Brave and the Bold, although they are basically reader copies. Which was fine with me, as all I wanted to do was read the stories. I know this is blasphemous since Joe Kubert drew the Viking Prince, but I preferred the Silent Knight stories better.

That’s awesome! My set pales in comparison to the one JLA Brad is putting together (he’s getting close) but it really isn’t about what grade your books are in. Something interesting about the Viking Prince stories, I read them all in order, DC published a hardback reprint some years ago that has them in order. There is zero continuity to the stories xD. As standalone stories they were great, but to read them in order doh!. Jon literally sails to Africa in a day and is then back in Scandinavia the next. 

I loved the Silent Knight too, #15 is one of may favorite issues overall, I just love that cover. 

Edited by Silver