• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How would YOU complete this TWD collection?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

If you had #37 to #193 already, how would you go about completing the run?

Keep in kind that your wife already  threatened to cut off your privates for buying too many comics in the last 6 months.

Would you go hardcover?

Reprint?

Thanks!

If you just want to read them, I'd go digital, or buy the paperback compendiums. If you want something a little nicer and sturdier that is nice to look at on the shelf, there are the slipcased hardcover collections, those are pretty sharp looking!

If you want the actual comics, I'd personally wait until they calm back down. After the show went downhill, and the comic was ended, prices sunk. 9.8's of #1 were down to about $1500. Now that we're in the covid bubble market, it's back up to what, 3 grand? I wouldn't be buying anything at all right now. Selling, yup, but not buying.

However, for random run issues, you might get lucky at your local comic shops. I know that in the post-show post-comic lull, a lot of collections showed up at my local shops, and there are still a lot of back issues floating aroudn locally that I wouldn't have been able to find at all three or four years ago. So, you might be able to pick up run books at a decent price. But the keys are pricey again. If you're dead set on having them, I'd at least wait until the current run of new tv episodes has wrapped, as there's usually a post-season dip.

Good luck, have fun!

1 hour ago, lostboys said:

If you had #37 to #193 already, how would you go about completing the run?

Keep in kind that your wife already  threatened to cut off your privates for buying too many comics in the last 6 months.

Would you go hardcover?

Reprint?

Thanks!

$3k for #1 in 9.8 won't get you in trouble, right?

You can do the Deluxe if you wanted to read them, 1-10 are currently out and available.

OK going with the strategy to do this on the cheap.  I pretty inexpensively built back to #20, omitting 27.  Short runs show up pretty frequently.   I have the 4 Compendiums for reading, they are only $25 or so a piece on eBay.  I use these to grab panel pics for various purposes.   I think @Crops068 has a pretty good idea.  In the past I may have recommended TWD Weekly for 1-20 but TWD Deluxe will be available and at cover price or close.   You can even collect Cover B, which is the original TWD cover but recolored by artist Dave McCaig.  And it would be fun to build this over time and you won't have a Lorena Bobbitt situation at home 😬.