• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you trade a Af 15 for a Tmnt #1 first print l?
5 5

93 posts in this topic

Just now, Iceman399 said:

No one cares about AF15 anymore.  It's all about UF4V :baiting: quit worrying about books that used to be cool.  Move to the future.  Adventure 247 says what? Sgt Rock? No thanks!  

I would trade you for a bottle of single malt. 

5 hours ago, Kalel38 said:

Love  to hear some boarders or people’s opinions. Judging a grade that’s let’s say 9.6 Tmnt 1 

Maybe a Transformers #1 in 9.9 would be a better idea!:idea:

4 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

What's up on the Yes and No side? – Ideal Makers

I would not sell an AF #15 for a TNMT 9.6 #1 - first print. I have a tremendous amount of sentiment toward AF #15; Spider-Man is my favorite character. As for TMNT, I never read the comics, I never watched the TV show, and I never watched the movies. I have no attachment to TMNT, regardless if it's a good investment.

Do I like the books I buy to be good investments? Sure. But it is more important to me to have books in my collection that I like.

My sentiments exactly. 👍🏻

The TMNT at that grade is the better investment so if it was for my 2nd best copy of AF15... sure, in a heartbeat.

But ASM is my grail run and Spider-Man is the character that got me into collecting comics. I don't have a copy of AF15 yet but when I do I won't be obsessing over its appreciation OR depreciation. Not what that one is going to be about for me. I like TMNT but to be honest I've never explored the comics. Maybe I'd love em. But I KNOW I love Spidey :x

5 hours ago, Namtak said:

I dont have either but id choose amazing fantasy 15 anytime even a 2.0 ,the impact on comics that spider man did to me is more important historically and sentimentally, great power comes with....everybody knows the missing Word spider man changed the perspective of what a super-héros could be

@Namtak Your English is getting much better! 

It only takes me 10 minutes to understand what you wrote!  :foryou:

I still think your English is still better than @ADAMANTIUM 's & he was born here! :roflmao:

5 hours ago, Namtak said:

I dont have either but id choose amazing fantasy 15 anytime even a 2.0 ,the impact on comics that spider man did to me is more important historically and sentimentally, great power comes with....everybody knows the missing Word spider man changed the perspective of what a super-héros could be

Agreed! 

I guess I'm an outlier that thinks a high grade mega key from a 3k print run is a better investment than a copy that is also a mega key but has many more copies than 3k out there.

Spider man movies aren't going to make AF 15 spike anymore than it already is, it is on a steady uphill climb.

A successful turtles reboot would make TMNT 1 skyrocket. There isn't a successful turtles movie franchise and yet the book remains solid.

For straight investment, TMNT 1 seems the easy choice to me. If it's a sentimental choice, well then that's a sentimental choice.

7 hours ago, Comics4All said:

@Namtak Your English is getting much better! 

It only takes me 10 minutes to understand what you wrote!  :foryou:

I still think your English is still better than @ADAMANTIUM 's & he was born here! :roflmao:

Well for my défense i write with a french phone that auto correct me in french but thanks i try

5 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Well is the TMNT #1 first print CGC 9.6 a Signature Series that has been signed by Vanilla Ice?  

:takeit:

For those who dont understand what he means this is for you

tenor.gif