• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Art Restoration
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone used this restoration service before?  I have two pieces that I need to have some old tape removed.  

http://www.agraphicstateofmind.com/comic_art_restoration_service.html?fbclid=IwAR2xH48qVRhDkLE1M2VdRaJte6A1l2UGCOYTLIm33GbpKwC3LBNjTMs4LW0

Has anyone found one they liked?

What are needed restorations?  Is de-acidfiying art a requirement if it starts yellowing?

I haven't used Robert  but for me Gordon Christman is the master on the West Coast...I love the fact I can drive to his place and drop off art in Southern California.

Edited by mtlevy1

There is a well known framing place near me that has contacts to get art restored/repaired. I’ve had oil paintings cleaned and also once a piece of tanned comic art deacidified.  I think there are more places working on paper restoration than we think.

I own Phantom Restoration in New York city.

I currently refer people to Robert Dennis @ the above website for serious resto jobs on art. He does amazing work and is a really, really nice guy.

I work on comic books, mainly, but I do stat-replacements/recreations/overlays for original art, as well as things like tape removal for all paper items. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Edited by Phill the Governor