• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK 181 grading question
1 1

5 posts in this topic

If i bought a green label HULK 181 missing the stamp and taped in a stamp where it was missing...how would that impact the overall grade?  Also, it is currently a 5.5 Green Qualified label, would it be a Purple or blue label after doing that?  

Thanks,

Curtis

3 hours ago, Curtimaru said:

If i bought a green label HULK 181 missing the stamp and taped in a stamp where it was missing...how would that impact the overall grade?  Also, it is currently a 5.5 Green Qualified label, would it be a Purple or blue label after doing that?  

Thanks,

Curtis

Would you please clarify the bolded portion? Is a professional resto person using archival tape to reattach the stamp, or are you using tape that you’d use to wrap a birthday gift?

Also, I suspect you’ll get more feedback on this question if you posted here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/27-comic-book-grading-and-restoration-issues/

46 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

Would you please clarify the bolded portion? Is a professional resto person using archival tape to reattach the stamp, or are you using tape that you’d use to wrap a birthday gift?

Also, I suspect you’ll get more feedback on this question if you posted here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/27-comic-book-grading-and-restoration-issues/

Sounds to me like he taped it in. 

Steve, qualified green with separate stamp.  Guessing stamp is from another hulk 181. I would do whatever would get me a blue label but didn't know if a purple could be avoided and have it regraded with stamp. I wouldn't just tape it in myself, but I was hoping to avoid restoration purple is all.  Thank you

Jordy, "IF I BOUGHT..." I don't own the book

KCO, thank you for answering my question 👍