• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

How is that overall ? I enjoyed most of the criterion films as a world tour of different sub genres

I didn’t watch too many other things on the channel but you’re right they did have a very interesting way of organizing things that I thought really helped me find good stuff

Just now, Namtak said:

What was your top 3?

Criterion collection ? Very tough with 1400 movies - too many sub genres to choose from - I would recommend ... a few movies that really make you think ..

The Seventh Seal 

Onibaba 

Man Bites Dog 

If...

Naked Lunch 

and Aguirre the Wrath of God ... and criminally NOT on Criterion last I checked 

these movies are odd , you have been warned - lol 

6 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Criterion collection ? Very tough with 1400 movies - too many sub genres to choose from - I would recommend ... a few movies that really make you think ..

The Seventh Seal 

Onibaba 

Man Bites Dog 

If...

Naked Lunch 

and Aguirre the Wrath of God ... and criminally NOT on Criterion last I checked 

these movies are odd , you have been warned - lol 

My wife and I went to New York City to see the naked lunch in the theater it is quite an odd movie you are correct there

And another visit we saw a documentary called my brothers keeper. That’s an odd one too you will not expect what happens

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

My wife and I went to New York City to see the naked lunch in the theater it is quite an odd movie you are correct there

And another visit we saw a documentary called my brothers keeper. That’s an odd one too you will not expect what happens

Yeah Naked Lunch is not for the faint of heart , alot of not so subtle references - it’s almost an autobiographical account of William S Burroughs life , and Peter Weller is the man !

6 hours ago, Namtak said:

In Québec movies are comédie and dramas,rue des ormes really showed a New face of french cinema 

Have you seen or Heard of Cadavres?Anyone interested I nelieve there is a subtitled version.

One of my favourite movies,very very dark comedy

Edited by porcupine48

7 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Have you seen or Heard of Cadavres?Anyone interested I nelieve there is a subtitled version.

Nope got under the radar for me looks great wanna see it thanks,big québécois  actors too might be fun

I just watched this last night. It dropped on Hulu the last couple days and for an action flick I highly recommend it! Frank Grillo is freaking awesome with Naomi Watts and Mel Gibson as support cast. And I have to tag @1950's war comics for the cameo of Rob Gronkowski as the helicopter gunner (you can see him in the trailer). 

7 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

While we are talking french movies and such,have you seen the tv comedie dans une galaxie près de chez vous. Its one the best funny show in french

a806bb1e62afd78f8294045aab8a8737.jpg

wise guys has one of my favorite lines from a movie...DeVito goes to family for help and when she opens the door and sees him she says, in a heavy Italian accent..."like-a death, I knew it was only a matter of time before you arrived"

Kingdom of Heaven: The Director's Cut

Although the main character played by Orlando Bloom is the merger of two brothers from the actual events, an incredible film all around. To include the conflict of Saladin in dealing with internal conflicts amongst his own Muslim brethren. 

48 minutes ago, D84 said:

This movie fell into obscurity, and I think the craptastic remake didn't help.

Totally agree and the lighting of colors get a certain mood that you dont get in the remake,its rare that a remake or reboot is better than the original,but theres a fiew:john carpenter the thing being one,some dont know but its a remake

2 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Totally agree and the lighting of colors get a certain mood that you dont get in the remake,its rare that a remake or reboot is better than the original,but theres a fiew:john carpenter the thing being one,some dont know but its a remake

The original The Thing terrified me as a child. The remake is something else entirely, great effects and all.

14 hours ago, Namtak said:

If my memory serves me right it was rita hayworth and not raquel then again you may be right ,but the book was named rita hayworth and a shawshank redemption,maybe she ws the but not as the first poster.

Actually, it was Rita Hayworth, then Marilyn Monroe, and finally Raquel Welch.

5 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

This another movie I re-watch on a regular basis. It's often on TCM. By the way, did you know that James Arness played the Thing?

I knew it at the end of the first viewing, daddio told me