• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

My top 5 favorite action movies ...

and yes I chose Road Warrior over the more obvious Lethal Weapon ...Also Predator over T2 and Conan 

No Seagal? I kid but I enjoyed those movies up until, and including, Under Siege. I think Out for Justice is my favorite due to the villain (William Forsythe), who is excellent in the role.

I saw a comedian once talk about those Seagal movies...the title is exactly what you get in the movie. And very little other than that. He is a joke now but those movies were raw and rough and a lot of fun.

5 minutes ago, Namtak said:

A classic animé?ninja scroll,appleseed 2004,spirited away.

we are working our way, slowly, through the Miyazaki movies. They are so well done.

how about Akira? Saw in on the big screen in about 1997 and was a bit high at the time. Well, maybe quite a bit high. The visual and sonic experience was amazing.

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

No Seagal? I kid but I enjoyed those movies up until, and including, Under Siege. I think Out for Justice is my favorite due to the villain (William Forsythe), who is excellent in the role.

I saw a comedian once talk about those Seagal movies...the title is exactly what you get in the movie. And very little other than that. He is a joke now but those movies were raw and rough and a lot of fun.

I was always more of a Van Damme guy than Seagal...

20 minutes ago, csaag said:

The Karl Urban Judge Dredd remake ( much better than Stallone's version) was clearly based on this ( a very wise move too)

the-raid-movie-poster-1020749867.800x800.jpg?a132996964458f5a8a094f519ba4eb46

This movie blew my mind - no stop action and one of the best 2/1 fight scenes I’ve ever seen ... nice to know these guys have finally branched over to US films ( and a small cameo in Force Awakens )

image.jpeg.d66a025bef354243e850d4d965cab3ea.jpeg

1 hour ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

My top 5 favorite action movies ...

and yes I chose Road Warrior over the more obvious Lethal Weapon ...Also Predator over T2 and Conan 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

For me raider wins everytime!to quote:you have chosen poorly lol they are all good choice(thumbsu

49 minutes ago, csaag said:

The Karl Urban Judge Dredd remake ( much better than Stallone's version) was clearly based on this ( a very wise move too)

the-raid-movie-poster-1020749867.800x800.jpg?a132996964458f5a8a094f519ba4eb46

I actually have been trying to get Sony, VUDU and Movies Anywhere to post the English version of The Raid via digital as you can only get this on DVD or bluray. Just like Kung Fu Hustle (another Sony property). Another reason to not go 100% digital for now.

1 hour ago, csaag said:

image.jpeg.31f2e11e8a3c5755e53dc772e2fa7082.jpeg

a classic anime

Miyazaki...all good movie in their respective field ,i say that because its not always what we would expect ,best exemple  is the wind rises,its based on real life events.my favorite is howls moving castle,the pace music humour,imagination ,and that amazingly detailled castle ,just wow.plus the talking fire is awsome.

13 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Miyazaki...all good movie in their respective field ,i say that because its not always what we would expect ,best exemple  is the wind rises,its based on real life events.my favorite is howls moving castle,the pace music humour,imagination ,and that amazingly detailled castle ,just wow.plus the talking fire is awsome.

I was so excited to watch these with my girls...when the oldest was about 5 I bought a few and tossed one on. The characters head came of his shoulders and rolled around, out the door and away it goes. (spirited away but maybe Howl) She freaked and that was the end of those for about 10 years!

My youngest freaked out at John carter of Mars...the bad lady gets torn in half in silhouette, good crunchy sounds and everything, and I said something like "thats the end of her", my girl realized what she saw and screamed. She later told me it wasn't until I said something that she put it together.

Edited by Bird

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984)

:sumo:

My dad took me to see this in the theater. It is so awesome and weird and has a one hell of a cast! I still have my Marvel Comics adaptation stashed away too. :cloud9:

57 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

My dad took me to see this in the theater. It is so awesome and weird and has a one hell of a cast! I still have my Marvel Comics adaptation stashed away too. :cloud9:

If someone hasn't seen this at least once, you're missing out.

Unconfuse yourself @Namtak :foryou: :baiting: