• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, csaag said:

A cat burglar, played by the always interesting Dennis Leary, holds what turns out to be an unhappily marred couple hostage.  You can imagine how it goes from there.

Another one I saw a loooong time ago

undefined

I do enjoy this one.. 

A friend in work told to watch this and I'm quite glad he did.   This is a hillybilly horror spoof with a big heart - not stupid funny like in many other cheap spoofs. Even my wife, who wouldn't normally watch movies like this, got big laughs out of it when I told her to sit down and watch it with me cause I wasn't turning it off.

Watch Tucker & Dale vs Evil | Prime Video

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Speaking of Terry Gilliam..

108060478_MV5BMTY4Njg4NTA3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzYxMzg5Mg@@._V1_UY1200_CR9006301200_AL_.jpg.1fda33080cc85b1c3252eb69a93cd696.jpg

see I never watched it...too sad for wifey who just won't watch some actors anymore, too sad (eg Robin Williams) but maybe the time is right

good stuff!

I have to see Don Quixote as well, crazy apparently and true too, or kinda

not sure and maybe won't be sure even after viewing

A movie that thrill and thats why i dont watch it too often,not to lose that thrill,phonebooth,yup that movie take place in nothing more than a phonebooth and surrounding building,a twist on rear Windows of hitchcock,but on complete reverse situation.not saying more....this has to be seen and felt and the actors are at the top of their game,enjoy:cloud9:

Phonebooth.jpg

Saw this ~2 years ago.   It's in the vein of Spinal Tap (which all the older boardies should know but if you're one of the younger ones and never heard of it - it is a must see)

It's about 4 young adult Scandanavians who have a heavy metal band and are just getting thru life while they are trying to get to the big outdoor metal festival where it's their dream to play in.       That description won't make you run for the remote but the movie has a big heart, quite funny and just a very very enjoyable watch.

Heavy Trip (2018) - IMDb

so we watched a movie from this list yesterday

I am the one who put it on the list

wifey and I laughed and laughed even though we could both do the dialogue but the best part is 18 year old daughter #2 laughed as well. She didn't remember watching it so we watched it last night and a good time was had.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7M7k8RVOq9ZXyOcKq_pO

Edited by Bird

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

I took this photo because of a movie who can tell me what the movie is and where the general location is both the movie and this photo

F9801198-3BED-476B-ADAB-4D8FF01759BD.jpeg

09783F2C-8FF6-46BC-88B4-3124FAB46473.jpeg

Wow you got me there,interesting and puzzeling,ps your selling thread is great,keep it up

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

emotion02.gif.3c9e3f171f582d1f7e34dac3deb801c1.gif

Moonstruck starring Cher and Nic Cage in Brooklyn?

yes, I was driving through Brooklyn and was stuck in traffic and saw the sign. 

DTyn-UeUMAAfEiI.jpg

This is very likely the basement of the store under the sign. I am not too gullible, but it is the area and the water is right there and so on and so on.

I stumbled across this a couple months ago and enjoyed it:

DF726691-BEF9-45B7-B166-CC0A08B6CC10.jpeg.e94cc111d83fcd1d7cfe8ff73c7ce05a.jpeg

Released as an “Amazon Original” I think this was actually filmed a few years ago but didn’t get a theatrical release (I can see why considering what movie-goer’s current taste is) so Amazon just picked it up. 

It’s not for everyone - slow-paced, no jump-scares, no gory monster, no explosions. If you thought WandaVision was too slow this may not be for you. 

It’s a very technically proficient film - long unbroken takes where the actors have to memorize long stretches of dialog, an interesting tracking shot, takes place in real-time (over the course of high school basketball game), clearly filmed in a way to channel 70’s Spielberg.  A tad too artsy-fartsy in a couple of spots. Opening shot clearly lets you know what kind of movie you’re in for. 

Having said that, I found it to be a refreshing change from the loud, frenetic, CGI-heavy flicks that are current.  A nice, quiet, slow-burn best watched late a night that will give you goose-bumps if you allow yourself to get into it. 

There’s a couple of sequences - probably the centerpieces of the movie - that reminded me very much of Quint’s Indianapolis speech which was one of my favorite parts of Jaws. If you enjoyed that part of Jaws as much as I did you may like this  

Not a great movie, but I think it’s worth watching at least once if you’re open to that sort of thing. 

On 3/11/2021 at 10:24 PM, Bird said:

but what do they call the sorcerer's apprentice up there? boutons de lit et balais? (google translate did that, not high school french) that is why it confuses me? I am not being snarky, please understand (shrug)

okay, pulled back in so here's wifey's suggestion, again forget the remake

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY_Ogf6AaLXErcyxI7EC2

I have fond memories of Montreal from a visit when I was about 5, that would have been 1971. ???

Was in Walmart yesterday and saw that movie,said ooo why not,well im in the middle of the movie right now and its pretty good youre wife has good taste ,thanks for the info its a fun one(thumbsu

On 3/11/2021 at 10:24 PM, Bird said:

but what do they call the sorcerer's apprentice up there? boutons de lit et balais? (google translate did that, not high school french) that is why it confuses me? I am not being snarky, please understand (shrug)

okay, pulled back in so here's wifey's suggestion, again forget the remake

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY_Ogf6AaLXErcyxI7EC2

I have fond memories of Montreal from a visit when I was about 5, that would have been 1971. ???

Finished the movie,wow for a kid comedy in the 70s,it packs quite a punch on many layers .its maybe one of those movie that talked to me in a deep way ,2021 is the worst year of my life:cought covid 19 a month and a half ago because of an outbreak at my work,17 workers caught it in 3 days reach,and when i was asymptotique, i gave it to my father mother and grandmother,a lot of guilt played on me,mother me and grandma was ok within 3 weeks but my father almost died 3 times,now hes in réhabilitation and saw him once in almost 2 month,so a movie like that that says there still next year,well it got me straight to the heart ,i needed that its a movie that gives a little hope in self improvement!(thumbsu

This one has replay value,realy its special and say it will never happen and then you see that silly big bang theory where Sheldon wont get out of his room because hes affaires of the world and building this and the movie surrogate feels nearer in our future than we though when the movie came out it was a little ahead of its time 

eb402039533e76ac2e27fa757fe9bebc.jpg

7da37c29a17d5114c080c3a17c7f0f65.jpg

On 3/20/2021 at 6:41 PM, csaag said:

A friend in work told to watch this and I'm quite glad he did.   This is a hillybilly horror spoof with a big heart - not stupid funny like in many other cheap spoofs. Even my wife, who wouldn't normally watch movies like this, got big laughs out of it when I told her to sit down and watch it with me cause I wasn't turning it off.

Watch Tucker & Dale vs Evil | Prime Video

You made me rewatch that movie,saw it once,its still magnificient in its underdog clumsy heroes mistaken for freaks, i had forgotten that weird movie lol