• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

I'm sorry, but that show got off to a good start, then completely lost its bearings. Early.

No need to be sorry. I know a lot of people, myself included, that agree with that statement. Still it was a cultural phenomenon and I thought it was still worth a watch.

Best?    NO.. but worth a watch.  

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

If you couldn't the first time.. well.. (shrug).... :roflmao: 

There are so many out there that if it doesn't make you want to watch it, dont force it.. watch something else you will enjoy. (thumbsu

Thats right on spot.dont force it,try in a few year maybe,well thats me something were not ready or in the right set of mind for it.on the first blade runner special features,theres a critic saying he saw it and trashed it hard but real hard,a real blade runner hater.saw it few years after release and pow,he could not stop watching it ,today he have maquette répliqua and real models of propos from tje movie,a real hardcore fan.i always have this story in mind when im about to cretisize a movie,sometimes wait and rewatch way later if second time doesnt work,then its not for you.and yes it happened  a few times to me ,younger i hated star trek next gen and other star trek,star wars was all i wanted to see,could not see further away than something like star wars in space opera,now for a decade ,star trek is important to me .things changes lol

Edited by Namtak

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

1137810357_MV5BNjRiYTIzZmUtMTFkNS00ZTM0LWE4ODAtMDliMGE4NzM5ZjVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQ0MTYzMDA@._V1_UY268_CR170182268_AL_.jpg.caaca2770271423d7ec80df8ba16482d.jpg

That one ,i saw first season only,liked it but never thought about watching other seasons by fear that it would be répétitive,after all the season end in a way that did not inspire me to continue,is the other seasons worth watch ?does it get better?

Just now, Namtak said:

That one ,i saw first season only,liked it but never thought about watching other seasons by fear that it would be répétitive,after all the season end in a way that did not inspire me to continue,is the other seasons worth watch ?does it get better?

I found it alright.  Like lost it does kinda well get lost , but I still did find it enjoyable.

Saw primal season one,outstanding!if you liked samurai jack its a must see,way more serious but there are some humour.stand on its own ,watched it with someone who hates samurai jack but liked this one.it is more mature in many ways gendys shows how experience in this genre of animation plays in its favor,none could have taken that story and make it that compelling lol nuff said!  

GT_PRIMAL_S1_1-Blu-ray-featured.jpeg

spear-fang-primal-season-finale-1280x640.jpg

image-asset.jpeg.jpg

On 3/11/2021 at 8:23 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This is a GREAT topic! As other have said , WAY too many to just list , but so far the list has a TON of great ones so far. Some more that do deserve a watch ( although sure most have already seen them at least once.) 91KWv2o3aXL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.b0b41ae8d66c8119f2e79c429d369886.jpgMac_and_me_movie_poster.jpg.c01c9b6aa9f7376ee5fe4c59655e8c77.jpg51WJYh4sNlL._SY445_.jpg.316a7c76e8f195d6fe4ec907697afd47.jpgMV5BODRlMjRkZGEtZWM2Zi00ZjYxLWE0MWUtMmM1YWM2NzZlOTE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.thumb.jpg.4cd508d37f223341bf284bc1c023d8ab.jpg1482923214_MV5BNThlMjBmOWItNjljZi00ZGU4LWJkZjgtNWU1ZjI1MTg4MzczXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_UY1200_CR8206301200_AL_.jpg.7294faf2e3a8e42aac950c67bb191ec9.jpg

71uIJYNfJZL._AC_UL600_SR423,600_.jpg

Saw batteries not included,havent seen that one in 20 years ,still mesmerizing as ever,a story that shouldnt work at all,but told and directed with heart that it is spellbinding,thanks had forgotten that one:x

3 hours ago, Namtak said:

Saw batteries not included,havent seen that one in 20 years ,still mesmerizing as ever,a story that shouldnt work at all,but told and directed with heart that it is spellbinding,thanks had forgotten that one:x

Definitely a classic.:cloud9:

4 hours ago, Namtak said:

Saw primal season one,outstanding!if you liked samurai jack its a must see,way more serious but there are some humour.stand on its own ,watched it with someone who hates samurai jack but liked this one.it is more mature in many ways gendys shows how experience in this genre of animation plays in its favor,none could have taken that story and make it that compelling lol nuff said!  

GT_PRIMAL_S1_1-Blu-ray-featured.jpeg

spear-fang-primal-season-finale-1280x640.jpg

image-asset.jpeg.jpg

This really shocked me how good it is for a show with no real talking. Just grunting and gestures.

One of those that wants to appeal to a worldwide audience, and does it in a way you can see why it works.

On 5/24/2021 at 8:53 PM, Namtak said:

Its weird havent seen this one in years but in its weirdness its quite clever!ho and dont panic!

MV5BZmU5MGU4MjctNjA2OC00N2FhLWFhNWQtMzQyMGI2ZmQ0Y2YyL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Neither film nor television ever did justice to the books. We need Netflix or HBO or Amazon to put out a full season for each of the novels.  

Battlestar Galactica the 2003 remake. You have to start with the miniseries, which is admittedly a slow burn, so make sure you're in the right mood to handle that. You need to pay attention, because even little details matter at later points. You're rewarded with an ending that successfully upends what you thought you knew, and throws you into the first actual episode, the frantically paced '33', which sets the tone for the first season. Things go from there and are much improved, you just need to get over that hump that is the initial miniseries. If you can do that, you're rewarded with television gold. 

As for movies, my favourite Guillermo Del Toro movie is Pan's Labyrinth. It's sub-titled, and is set during the Spanish Civil War. A little girl is sent to live with her pregnant mother and her current husband, an evil man commanding local Spanish forces. Horrible things are happening to/around the little girl, who is reading fairy tales to cope, when she starts seeing fairy tale creatures for real and having her own adventures. Is it really happening or a figment of her own imagination, her way of coping? 

PS despite how it may sound, this movie is an adult movie, and absolutely NOT suitable for children. It is, however, and imo, Del Toto's finest work. 

Been a while lol,ive learned that flash Gordon 80s movie was one of favorite films of Alex ross,gave it a try this week,boy thats not the standard in moviemaking lol still a unique take in the genre  if you like campy movie its a must see lol

513L2-BwbwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg