• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3/5/2021 - Nominating nocutename for the Probation List
5 5

286 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, nocutename said:

I WILL NOT GET RIPPED OFF BY THESE BOARDS AGAIN.

Of course you will, I mean this is the place for getting ripped off.  :screwy:

I suggest ebay as a better venue for you. It is of course inhabited only by fluffy bunnies and pixies.....and nothing bad will happen to you there. meh

1 minute ago, wombat said:

@Buzzetta Do you think this is a record low amount for someone to get put on the probation list? Basically boils down to $4 as they would have been fine paying $8, but not $12. 

Also:    :roflmao:

I read this last night and shook my head. 

She is the victim of her own lack of reading.  However, at this point since it is one book, I have to say, cut up some cardboard, make a cardboard sandwich, ship it at a cheaper rate, take her money, get a nice lunch with it, and never deal with her again.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

She is the victim of her own lack of reading.  However, at this point since it is one book, I have to say, cut up some cardboard, make a cardboard sandwich, ship it at a cheaper rate, take her money, get a nice lunch with it, and never deal with her again.

but...but...but this is horse manure!

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I probably wouldn't have shipped it that way Buzz, based on her experience with bad packaging from a different seller.  That probably would have made things worse.  There are other options that could have been discussed though (see below ;) ).

The main problem is she told me she would pay for the book and I should donate it.  That would have been "no harm, no foul" to me and was easily doable. 

I, myself, did not even have the time to suggest this as an option as I had only sent an invoice with payment info at that time.  The "donation" was what SHE wanted to do.  

The following day, she stated she was NOT paying for the book now, and that she would instead prefer to be "banned" than be "robbed".

This came up earlier.  I do have additional copies of that book that I can sell her to complete this transaction.  This is an option still open to her.  Her original $12 book was given away at her request.

In my last PM to her, I told her that even though I'm out $12 by her request, that I would still sell her a comparable copy (same book, same grade, same price) to complete the transaction if she so wished to do so.  I offered this knowing I had already lost $12 due to the fact the one book was already given away.  I DID NOT expect for her to pay for the book twice and I noted that in my final PM to her. 

She could have paid for the $12 book as she initially stated she would and it would be donated... or if she wanted to complete the transaction, then all she had to pay was $12 plus the stated shipping and I would chalk the FREEBIE up as loss.  Either one would have been fine with me.

For those thinking that I could have waited until she returned my PM before I offered up the FREEBIE in the sales thread...realize that I had no reason not to believe that Jeannine wouldn't stand by her word.  It was her idea in the first place.

By offering to sell her an additional copy at no extra cost to her...I CHOSE to lose the $12 FREEBIE to try to keep the peace.  It didn't work. :( 

Plenty more options could have been hashed out. 

Here are some questions that could have been asked with answers that I would have gladly given:

1) I won something, what do I do?  "Pay for your purchases by the rules that are clearly stated".

2) Shipping too high because I found only one book and I wanted more choices?  "I have 350+ boxes of books in inventory and can fill want lists.  You like Madame Xanadu?  I have most of her Doorway To Nightmare appearances and her solo series, plus a few of her other appearance in other titles.  Want something different?  Just ask".

3) Shipping too high because I found only one book and I don't want anymore at this time?  "Pay for what you owe, without shipping added, and I will gladly hold your purchases so you can add on to them from one of my future sales.  All combined with one shipping price to save you money.  I can do this within a reasonable time frame and have done so in the past".

The only option that was used was this one...

1) I'm immediately mad because I didn't read the clearly stated sales terms, so instead of using any of the above options or just a simple "hey I messed up"... I attack the seller, claiming "robbery".   "... :o "

Which brings us here.

I'm still more than willing to work this out with her.  I understand that people have "good days" and "bad days" and if she was having a bad day, then I'm not going to hold it against her. 

It just doesn't help to go "all guns blazin' " in scenarios like this and I told her that.  That didn't help either :( 

All the above options are still available to her, or she can just pay the original $12 for the donation as she originally stated she would.  If she does that, at least I'm not out the price of Buzz's lunch ;) 

xxx ooo

Rupp

Edited by Bio-Rupp

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Oh, I don't think that you did anything wrong.  I want to make that absolutely clear. 

She is out of line with the comments.  

I'm holding out for you to buy me lunch lol

Oatmeal and Honeycrisp apple slices sound good right now ;)  

xxx ooo

Rupp

2 hours ago, Bio-Rupp said:

I probably wouldn't have shipped it that way Buzz, based on her experience with bad packaging from a different seller.  That probably would have made things worse.  There are other options that could have been discussed though (see below ;) ).

The main problem is she told me she would pay for the book and I should donate it.  That would have been "no harm, no foul" to me and was easily doable. 

I, myself, did not even have the time to suggest this as an option as I had only sent an invoice with payment info at that time.  The "donation" was what SHE wanted to do.  

The following day, she stated she was NOT paying for the book now, and that she would instead prefer to be "banned" than be "robbed".

This came up earlier.  I do have additional copies of that book that I can sell her to complete this transaction.  This is an option still open to her.  Her original $12 book was given away at her request.

In my last PM to her, I told her that even though I'm out $12 by her request, that I would still sell her a comparable copy (same book, same grade, same price) to complete the transaction if she so wished to do so.  I offered this knowing I had already lost $12 due to the fact the one book was already given away.  I DID NOT expect for her to pay for the book twice and I noted that in my final PM to her. 

She could have paid for the $12 book as she initially stated she would and it would be donated... or if she wanted to complete the transaction, then all she had to pay was $12 plus the stated shipping and I would chalk the FREEBIE up as loss.  Either one would have been fine with me.

For those thinking that I could have waited until she returned my PM before I offered up the FREEBIE in the sales thread...realize that I had no reason not to believe that Jeannine wouldn't stand by her word.  It was her idea in the first place.

By offering to sell her an additional copy at no extra cost to her...I CHOSE to lose the $12 FREEBIE to try to keep the peace.  It didn't work. :( 

Plenty more options could have been hashed out. 

Here are some questions that could have been asked with answers that I would have gladly given:

1) I won something, what do I do?  "Pay for your purchases by the rules that are clearly stated".

2) Shipping too high because I found only one book and I wanted more choices?  "I have 350+ boxes of books in inventory and can fill want lists.  You like Madame Xanadu?  I have most of her Doorway To Nightmare appearances and her solo series, plus a few of her other appearance in other titles.  Want something different?  Just ask".

3) Shipping too high because I found only one book and I don't want anymore at this time?  "Pay for what you owe, without shipping added, and I will gladly hold your purchases so you can add on to them from one of my future sales.  All combined with one shipping price to save you money.  I can do this within a reasonable time frame and have done so in the past".

The only option that was used was this one...

1) I'm immediately mad because I didn't read the clearly stated sales terms, so instead of using any of the above options or just a simple "hey I messed up"... I attack the seller, claiming "robbery".   "... :o "

Which brings us here.

I'm still more than willing to work this out with her.  I understand that people have "good days" and "bad days" and if she was having a bad day, then I'm not going to hold it against her. 

It just doesn't help to go "all guns blazin' " in scenarios like this and I told her that.  That didn't help either :( 

All the above options are still available to her, or she can just pay the original $12 for the donation as she originally stated she would.  If she does that, at least I'm not out the price of Buzz's lunch ;) 

xxx ooo

Rupp

These options are all very reasonable.

6 hours ago, speedcake said:
7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

but...but...but this is horse manure!

I like Buzz......but it is still horse manure.  His rules literally couldn't have been more clear.  And if a buyer isn't going to follow a sellers rules....then they should be on the probation list to warn others that they're unreasonable.  It shouldn't be up to the seller to appease an unreasonable buyer to keep them off the probation list.  Not to mention the fact that the book is already gone.  Rupp was told by the buyer that they would pay for it and to just give the book away as a freebie in his thread.....which he has already done.  And for those that want to see his rules......here is his part about shipping (bold oversize is my emphasis):

Shipping will be Medium Flat Rate boxed and insured for USA Paypal confirmed addresses and is $13.95 PLUS INSURANCE OVER $200 (the post office now charges $15.05 for this service so if you do the math, I'm charging $1.10 less than actual base cost).   If additional priority mail boxes or a larger box is/are needed for your merchandise, then please note, the shipping price will go up.  I promise you I'm not in this to make money off of shipping.   Please don't whine about the shipping cost after the fact... it's posted right here.  Please don't ask me to ship any other way.  If you buy only one $3 book...it's still going to cost you $13.95 to ship it.  Insurance is required on all purchases but to offset postage cost, I am also picking up the insurance on these up to $200, after that you can help out with the rest.  I like using the Flat Rate boxes and they offer a superior amount of protection, so it's worth the cost.  All this has been explained in detail, so please take a breath before you decide to embarrass yourself and complain about the shipping cost.  Also note that due to circumstances beyond a normal American's control, post office delivery times have been off since the "Age Of LeJoy" began this past year and the current icy climate 

50o5dm.gif.2b01b85fdbc99eb84b8ffcccb65b6900.gif

Edited by Domo Arigato

3 minutes ago, speedcake said:

I wasn't.  But I do love Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday in Tombstone and I'm glad we can be friends again :banana:

wait, two Kilmer Tombstone posts and no huckleberry? 

HAS THE HUCKLEBERRY BEEN CANCELLED? 

Edited by Bird

1 minute ago, Bird said:

wait, two Kilmer Tombstone posts and no huckleberry? 

HAS THE HUCKLEBERRY BEEN CANCELLED? 

it is my own post but I gotta say

200.gif

Edited by Bird
stupid caps lock!

15 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

But.....but.....but, I like Buzz, so I guess it isn't horse manure after all. 

No......wait......it's still horse manure.  His rules literally couldn't have been more clear.  And if a buyer isn't going to follow a sellers rules....then they should be on the probation list to warn others that they're unreasonable.  It shouldn't be up to the seller to appease an unreasonable buyer to keep them off the probation list.  Not to mention the fact that the book is already gone.  Rupp was told by the buyer that they would pay for it and to just give the book away as a freebie in his thread.....which he has already done.  And for those that want to see his rules......here is his part about shipping (bold oversize is my emphasis):

Shipping will be Medium Flat Rate boxed and insured for USA Paypal confirmed addresses and is $13.95 PLUS INSURANCE OVER $200 (the post office now charges $15.05 for this service so if you do the math, I'm charging $1.10 less than actual base cost).   If additional priority mail boxes or a larger box is/are needed for your merchandise, then please note, the shipping price will go up.  I promise you I'm not in this to make money off of shipping.   Please don't whine about the shipping cost after the fact... it's posted right here.  Please don't ask me to ship any other way.  If you buy only one $3 book...it's still going to cost you $13.95 to ship it.  Insurance is required on all purchases but to offset postage cost, I am also picking up the insurance on these up to $200, after that you can help out with the rest.  I like using the Flat Rate boxes and they offer a superior amount of protection, so it's worth the cost.  All this has been explained in detail, so please take a breath before you decide to embarrass yourself and complain about the shipping cost.  Also note that due to circumstances beyond a normal American's control, post office delivery times have been off since the "Age Of LeJoy" began this past year and the current icy climate 

50o5dm.gif.2b01b85fdbc99eb84b8ffcccb65b6900.gif

At this point, the shipping is a mute point.  The more egregious crime is promising to pay for the book and to give it away as a freebie.  The seller is short $12 as a result and that needs to be fixed.  The $5 shipping difference is such a stupid insignificant amount in the grand scheme of things to be wasting time on.

Honestly, should Rupp have given the book away before receiving payment?  No.  The buyer clearly showed no indication their word was good after backing out of an :takeit:, so why should they be trusted to pay for something that they won't even receive.