• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Much Will an Unwitnessed Sig Ding a Grade?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I submitted a DD 158 for the Miller/Janson signing. I had the book signed by Jim Shooter at a show when I was a kid - he wrote his name on the bottom of the first page, not on the cover. Any idea how much that will lower the grade?

Sorry I can’t post photos, it’s with CGC. Just wondering how much the Shooter sig will drop the grade.

2 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

Just out of curiosity, why a book signed by Stan Lee get this label "Stan Lee written on cover," but if a book has some name such as George Smith written on the cover, there is no such labeling?

CGC will sometimes put the full name on the label if it's a well known signature...

On 3/6/2021 at 6:31 PM, Math Teacher said:

Just out of curiosity, why a book signed by Stan Lee get this label "Stan Lee written on cover," but if a book has some name such as George Smith written on the cover, there is no such labeling?

Because Stan Lee is a notable name on the cover. Someone sought out Stan Lee and asked him to sign their comic book.  Some kid (named George Smith) that loaned his comic to other neighborhood kids and wanted to make sure eventually he got his comic book back is not notable. 

Edited by Tony S

On 3/6/2021 at 10:46 PM, William-James88 said:

can you still get a 9.8?

I once had an Usagi Yojimbo comic with a signature and full size sketch by Stan Sakai on the inside front cover, which received a 9.8.

4 hours ago, Ryan. said:

I once had an Usagi Yojimbo comic with a signature and full size sketch by Stan Sakai on the inside front cover, which received a 9.8.

Cool, but I wonder why one would want to get that wonderful sketch sealed away in a CGC case, never to be see again.