• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you enjoy your collection?
4 4

63 posts in this topic

After recently getting back into collecting and buying my first slabs in the past year, I realized I was falling back into buying to collect and shoving everything into boxes. So I spent some time the other day pulling books - especially the slabs - and just taking the time to look at each cover and really enjoy what I had. I love reading comics of course, but I also love the way slabbed books look, and I like to just take the slab and examine it. Do you do the same? Or how do you take the time to enjoy your collection, rather than just filing it away?

2 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Depends i collect a few things ,its everywhere ,kirbyjack describes it well it becomes a tengent atmosphere,like im waking up every morning to work and have to put on those heavy boots and so tired ,while stringing my boots i look up and see this (picture below)makes me smile ,gives the energy to go to work,know what i mean?the second picture is exactly what i see in that chair each morning and for me its enough.i love that kirby cover!

20210306_185059.jpg

20210306_185120.jpg

20210306_185131.jpg

And the big dinosaur frame is a sig of ray harryhausen and a frame with a stan lee signed oa of a comic strip,small collection but im happy

I read them (I have like 300-500 still needing to be read), I display them on my wall and try for different themes every couple weeks. I look for books to clean and I am in the process of officially cataloguing every issue so I enjoy my collection lots and I love it!

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Sharing with your comic book buddies is what comic book collecting used to be all about and as per another post, a picture is worth a thousand words:  :cloud9:

Yep, that's how you do it,😎

54 minutes ago, Duffman_Comics said:

I love to dive around in them like a porpoise, and burrow through them like a gopher, and toss them up and let them hit me on the head!

Beat me to it. lol

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I pack them in boxes in the basement and twitch at the thought of going down. 

Patrick

i'm nearly the same ... i know what i have and i can easily picture them in my mind when an individual copy is brought up that i have...

but i don't physically look at them hardly at all , they are packed up in boxes and just thinking about how much i have to get rid of someday stresses me out lol 

1 minute ago, KirbyJack said:
5 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Execute The Purge! I did it and I'm enjoying my collection more. I can access anything quickly. I went from two pallets of long boxes to this...

i know but the new managed payment program for eBay has totally turned me off..... did you ever or do you still sell on eBay since the change ?