• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you enjoy your collection?
4 4

63 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:
3 hours ago, Namtak said:

Thats a first!fake name and fake id only,your face means nothing here avatar only and fake name lol  neve thought i would hear that one(:

What the hell are you talking about?

You asked if someone could put board names with the faces of the all the pictures someone posted. 

Namtak was just commenting how it seemed funny and a first for him.....since most people in here identify other members by their fake user name and avatar picture only.......and real faces don't usually come into play here.

Edited by Domo Arigato

3 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

You asked if someone could put board names with the faces of the all the pictures someone posted. 

Namtak was just commenting how it seemed funny and a first for him.....since most people in here identify other members by their fake user name and avatar picture only.......and real faces don't usually come into play here.

I understand that now, thank you.  And again, my apologies to @Namtak :foryou:

6 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Yup your the first to understand what i meant

1 minute ago, Namtak said:
4 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I understand that now, thank you.  And again, my apologies to @Namtak :foryou:

Its all good bro it was a joke anyway i dont like it too seriously at times lol

Good to hear your cheer! we need it though even with me it comes and goes, I just hope it wins out in the over all theme!

@DocHoppus182 Is usually cheery too, so we all have those instances lol where we just..... :cry: 

When I started back collecting in 2010 I was reading them voraciously, to the point of running out of material every few days. I was able to compile a couple of personalized longboxes from the dollar comics at my lcs for $30 apiece when they were needing to move some, so I thought I had enough reading material to last for a while. They only lasted a couple of weeks, and due to my wife's spending, I was unable to buy any until I got paid again. After that, my buying increased a ton. I was still reading like crazy and I was determined not to run out again. It didn't take long until I had a backlog of comics to read, but I was still managing to read my brand new books every week. Then things went to hell with my marriage and I moved out. It took about a month before I was able to move into my apartment, but I had still been doing weekly lcs runs and ordering back issues. I found that after I got moved in and comfortable, that it had become difficult to read comics. My mind would wander and the slightest noise made me lose concentration. When I could get in the right mindset for reading, I started falling asleep before finishing a single book.  The longer it went this way, it weighed more heavily on my mind, and that just intensified the problem. I've always liked the collecting aspect and I also like order in my life, so I decided to concern myself more with acquiring and organizing than reading, and that's how it's been for a long time now. Every comic I own is in its place, accessible, and entered into a database. If I buy a comic in a bag with a sticker on it or a little worn, I rebag it. I have dividers for most of the titles, and a label maker for consistency. They are lined up alpha numerically in nice boxes on shelves in a large room downstairs where I spend most of my time. I feel a sense of peace when I walk in there and everything is where it should be. Occasionally I'm able to read a few here and there, too. Oh, I also own 2 presses for making sure even my "worthless" comics can be pretty if I want them to be.

My office is in my collectible space.  I have three art prints prominently displayed on one wall (behind museum glass) that I can't leave the room without seeing them in passing.  My books are filed away neatly on bookshelves.  I get a shipment of new books once a month, read them, file them away.  CGC books are tucked away in two longboxes and I've considered buying some UV protected display cases so I can put some on a shelf/wall for viewing, but the neurotic side of me is still nervous about the long term effect of UV (despite there being no direct sunlight in the room, only the ambiant glow from an LED light bulb).  I've considered hi-res scans/prints of my CGC books and displaying those, but in the end, my brain always decides that money is better off being put towards the next key.  (shrug)

Mostly filed away. Sometimes when I have free time I lay out 3 slabs over a white towel on the bed next to where I'm sitting so I could just look over and stare. I let the awesomeness of them wash over me like a cool breeze. So I try and find any 3 within a recent time span of each other put them in order from left to right. This is obviously just 2 but something along these lines with an issue published after #67 on the right of it.

20210227_175330.thumb.jpg.e0fab8105ac1a2cbf12437f84d4112eb.jpg

Other than that, taking snapshots and sharing/comparing notes with the community is always a blast! 

I guess having fun with a little imagination,little subtilités, like in star trek next gen,next to the door to the elevator theres the plaque of the ship.i have a répliqua of the e model plaque and put it right next to door when i enter,so my appartment is like my entreprise lol,just little details that make us laugh as geeks.