• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you enjoy your collection?
4 4

63 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Execute The Purge! I did it and I'm enjoying my collection more. I can access anything quickly. I went from two pallets of long boxes to this...

7EE85A91-1ED6-4C33-BD40-91EC4A414164.thumb.jpeg.cacc4fde5ea177ec15a16210df9ce84c.jpeg

Agree.  I sold nearly all my books about a month ago.  I kept about 60 books and my tpb’s (which I’ll probably donate the majority once the local library starts accepting them again).  
It was incredibly liberating.  And I’ve found myself looking at the “keepers” more often.

4 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

but i don't physically look at them hardly at all , they are packed up in boxes and just thinking about how much i have to get rid of someday stresses me out lol 

Yes, as I have stated before on these boards here, in today's red hot marketplace, it is so much faster and easier to sell one $10,000 comic book as opposed to the slow and tedious task of trying to sell a thousand $10 comic books.  hm  :taptaptap:  :frown:

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Could someone possibly put board names with the faces?  I don’t know who is who.

Thats a first!fake name and fake id only,your face means nothing here avatar only and fake name lol  neve thought i would hear that one(:

Edited by Namtak

18 hours ago, catman76 said:

Same way I enjoy my records, books, toys etc. I read them and look at them and use them as they were intended. I want to touch them and smell them and experience them. I love putting a record and breaking out a comic to read while listening to music, feeling that newsprint and smelling it as I look at it. Having them encased in plastic defeats the whole purpose of a comic, but to each their own.

I wish you lived down the street.

14 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I like to place my slabbed Vampirella #1 on a table and snort lines of coke off of it. All while enjoying a Creepy magazine. 😇

I also wish you lived down the street now.

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Sharing with your comic book buddies is what comic book collecting used to be all about and as per another post, a picture is worth a thousand words:  :cloud9:

IMG_7120.thumb.JPG.cfc22eff2d88d33cb06c4

The look on Bills face is priceless as the book.I remember reading a story here about Jon finding that one tucked in with some other books and being like-oh,that's where it is!

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Here is Jon at my place in Philly a few years ago sharing much of his collection with us

IMG_7115.JPG

It's really kind of sad that Jon does not spend any more time on the boards here with us now that he has disposed of his entire collection save for a few of his more favorite books here and there.  :(

I imagine he must find this to be the easiest way to step away since the comic book hobby was such a big passion for him throughout his entire collecting life, as clearly evident by so many of the articles which he authored throughout the decades.  (thumbsu  :applause:

16 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

It's really kind of sad that Jon does not spend any more time on the boards here with us now that he has disposed of his entire collection save for a few of his more favorite books here and there.  :(

I imagine he must find this to be the easiest way to step away since the comic book hobby was such a big passion for him throughout his entire collecting life, as clearly evident by so many of the articles which he authored throughout the decades.  (thumbsu  :applause:

I miss his posts.Even when I'd post a GA lovely and he'd quote it and trump it with his!I know he just loved to share

Edit-tbh I felt sort of honoured at first,like whoa,he's talking to ME?-but I've learned many of the great folks with great collections here are very nice.To me at least

Edited by porcupine48