• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you enjoy your collection?
4 4

63 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2021 at 11:11 PM, Robot Man said:

With some liver, a few fava beans and a nice Chianti

Glad I read the thread before posting my response!

After moving to a smaller home. I always take 1 slab or comic  and put it on top of the refrigerator for a few weeks.   Just gives me time to stare at it throughout the day as I walk though the kitchen and enjoy it.  Sometimes I'll drink a beer and just stare at the art. If I get bored of it,  I switch it out.  

I have some slabs hung up with slab holders/frames, so I get to see them whenever I walk into my office. I have a few of my favorite keys, not slabbed, in mylars/top loaders, poised on the edge of my shelf. For those who raise the specter of light fading, the room gets zero natural sunlight (just one tiny window, and it's covered by a blackout curtain) and the ceiling light, which is led, is rarely on more than an hour or two per week. If they are fading, it's not enough that I'll notice in this lifetime, and I enjoy SEEING the things I bought.

Usually when I buy new stuff, I bag and board them and sit them in a stack, waiting to be filed. When I pass in and out of the room, I'll occasionally pick up the stack, sort through them, smile, and put them back down.

Eventually I'll file them into my boxes, and when I do that, it gives me a chance to flip through chunks of my collection, and give them a look.

I've cut my collection down to about 12 shorts, four flips boxes, less than 10 slabs, and the cheap drek I have in my racks, and that number seems manageable to me. When I start to go beyond that current allotment of space, I start looking for stuff I can sell.