• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in! PGM X-Men #1
2 2

35 posts in this topic

Thanks folks. Here are the grader notes below. Anything surprising here? Having lurked on the boards for a while, I know theres no use in feeling bad about these types of things, particularly when I am just happy to get the book I love. Is this a candidate in the future for resubmission? Or should I just let it lie? 

crease right top of front cover
fade front cover
marvel chipping full right of front cover
spine stress lines breaks color
tanning cover

Also, can you explain what that means? N

On 5/2/2021 at 4:38 AM, Mars76 said:

It looks like your book was a victim of the dreaded reversion!

1 hour ago, CournalCrunch said:

Also, can you explain what that means? N

On 5/1/2021 at 8:38 PM, Mars76 said:

It looks like your book was a victim of the dreaded reversion!

Reversion is when a comic goes back to its pre-pressed state. When you look at the back cover especially it looks like alot of the bends, creases, and waviness came back. After seeing the press pics I thought it would get a 5.0.

Edited by Mars76

14 minutes ago, Mars76 said:

Reversion is when a comic goes back to its pre-pressed state. When you look at the back cover especially it looks like alot of the bends, creases, and waviness cake back. After seeing the press pics I thought it would get a 5.0.

Very interesting. Never knew about that. Is this just the nature of the book essentially then...if it wants to be creased, one way or another it gets to be creased!