• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone #3 printing error?

6 posts in this topic

I recently came across a copy of Bone #3 first print for only $1 at a flea market! Sadly it has a very odd error.

There's a hole in the first page, at first I thought this was simply a large tear caused by some damage, then I noticed that part of the tear had a piece holding on to it that when folded up had the correct printed ink from a section on the first page that was missing ink. I have since come to the conclusion that this error occurred during printing, as there is no paper missing on the part of the comic where the ink is gone. The pulp is just as thick as anywhere else. My guess is that somehow this paper was made incorrectly and there was something wrong with the pulp on this one spot, and then part of it folded over during printing. There also isn't any water damage which I thought could've caused damage like this.

Let me know if you think this is some kind of a production error or not, I could be completely wrong. Thanks.

Edit: If this is just a production error, how would it affect the grade?

20210307_155318.jpg

20210307_155327.jpg

20210307_155331.jpg

20210307_155338.jpg

20210307_155404.jpg

20210307_155421.jpg

Edited by HuddyBee

As you can see from the pictures, it seems almost impossible that the folded piece of paper with the ink on it was somehow scraped from the first page. The part missing the ink shows no damage whatsoever and is just as thick as the rest of the page.