• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Underrated Artist Snapshot #3 - Dave Acosta
1 1

14 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, NicoV said:

I'll have to add this guy to ComicArtTracker, thanks for the discovery!

No problem. Glad to hear it! Dave certainly deserves recognition.

Also, glad to meet (kind of) the comic art tracker guy! Your site is beyond awesome!

I've been thinking of founding my own comic art related database (not relating to currently for sale art), but I don't have the start up funds. 

23 minutes ago, babsrocks31 said:

I've been thinking of founding my own comic art related database (not relating to currently for sale art), but I don't have the start up funds. 

Go ahead! You don't need a lot of money, only software development skills and a lot of time! :makepoint:

2 hours ago, NicoV said:

Go ahead! You don't need a lot of money, only software development skills and a lot of time! :makepoint:

Thank you! I don't have the software development skills, which is where the $ might need to come in.

9 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Dave is great. I had him do a special commission fir my wife’s birthday. 

Also, here are some favorite pieces of his that I ownA8DE0BFB-6F2C-4A95-AC21-8099109040D6.thumb.jpeg.4dc0a31fd9aefbb115fe9d4be6870742.jpeg840ED84D-5D88-4A4E-AA55-E185C40B4912.jpeg.4de4de23bd7e5197ed8712142f6b4672.jpeg

Can I ask what he did for her? No pressure if it's too personal. 

But yeah, great guy to work with.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:42 PM, babsrocks31 said:

Can I ask what he did for her? No pressure if it's too personal. 

But yeah, great guy to work with.

I had him draw my wife as a comic book character in a panel page that I scripted. A day in her work life. He did a great job reproducing her likeness and using reference photos. He’s especially talented at drawing likenesses. 

12 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I had him draw my wife as a comic book character in a panel page that I scripted. A day in her work life. He did a great job reproducing her likeness and using reference photos. He’s especially talented at drawing likenesses. 

That's an awesome idea! Glad he did it well for the two of you.

39 minutes ago, babsrocks31 said:

That's awesome. Love the facial expressions! 

Did Dave do the lettering as well?!?

Dave did the whole thing. He sent me his roughs and breakdowns before he finished it. We followed the Marvel Method. I write a -script and suggested panel progression, he drew and lettered it.