• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone sent a package, seen CGC received the package, but CGC not update the submission even though they accepted others?

12 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone has run into this issue....

I sent 5 packages in total, all together, each containing very valuable books (for shipping/insurance purposes, I had to send 5 packages separately, but all together)

All 5 packages as per fedex tracking we're rec'd and signed for. 2 of the packages we're walkthrough, other 2 we're express, and 1 was just standard.

The 2 walkthroughs and the 2 express we're put into the system the day they we're received, but the standard order has no update yet. It's been over a week since they have rec'd them.

I had 1 of the express packages say "received" for a few days, which I was expecting the "standard" order to say too.... but it is literally missing from the submission page, and almost seems like they didn't receive it, or maybe lost it.... 

Is this normal? Do they sometimes delay even just saying "we have your package"? It just seems weird that all 5 packages we're delivered, than that day 4 of them were stated as "received" and even most are almost done grading already and shipped to my place, but this one package has not updated at all... and has about 13,000 USD (or more) worth of books in the package, so I am a little concerned... I emailed CGC and they said there was a glitch this weekend, but this isn't a glitch as everything appears back to normal, and they rec'd the books a week ago... Any help appreciated... Thanks!

I currently have just over a dozen separate orders at CGC. What I have experienced over the last two months is similar to what you are dealing with. Basically, when USPS notifies me that a package is delivered, it has taken up to two weeks before showing received only in my CGC account. Other than three walkthroughs which get entered and have been graded almost right away, this has been the norm lately. I still have several orders of comics showing received only since January 18.

I did call and check on a few of my submissions only because of the value. I just needed that peace of mind which they gave. In the years I have been submitting comics and most recently cards for grading, I have not had to deal with this kind of backlog. However, every submission has made it into the system so I really don't worry about it anymore as right now its how this process is being played out. Hopefully, things will speed up sooner or later as I'm sitting on a few dozen submissions I still want to send in.  

6 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

I currently have just over a dozen separate orders at CGC. What I have experienced over the last two months is similar to what you are dealing with. Basically, when USPS notifies me that a package is delivered, it has taken up to two weeks before showing received only in my CGC account. Other than three walkthroughs which get entered and have been graded almost right away, this has been the norm lately. I still have several orders of comics showing received only since January 18.

I did call and check on a few of my submissions only because of the value. I just needed that peace of mind which they gave. In the years I have been submitting comics and most recently cards for grading, I have not had to deal with this kind of backlog. However, every submission has made it into the system so I really don't worry about it anymore as right now its how this process is being played out. Hopefully, things will speed up sooner or later as I'm sitting on a few dozen submissions I still want to send in.  

Thank god, this is assuring! Thank you for your time and resting my mind haha!

Did you call them and ask if they have info?

15 minutes ago, Ryan Vandal said:

Thank god, this is assuring! Thank you for your time and resting my mind haha!

Did you call them and ask if they have info?

No problem. This has just been my experience, but you can call the customer service number on their website and they will look up your order. With me, I had three separate order numbers and they all were not shown as received yet and it was 6 or 7 days later. Once they told me that the packages were all there but just not in the system because of the backlog, I could breathe again. :)

5 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

No problem. This has just been my experience, but you can call the customer service number on their website and they will look up your order. With me, I had three separate order numbers and they all were not shown as received yet and it was 6 or 7 days later. Once they told me that the packages were all there but just not in the system because of the backlog, I could breathe again. :)

Thank you! I'll give them a call tomorrow!

1 minute ago, Ryan Vandal said:

Thank you! I'll give them a call tomorrow!

Actually, I think they wanted the tracking numbers for one or two of those for some reason. Just have those handy in case...(thumbsu

A common question of late.  There have been several threads on this (at least one per day) and someone tried to colate everything into one but I can't seem to find it now.  Basically CGC is super behind opening packages.  Just the other day they were still opening and logging packages received Feb 8-14th.  Basically, your books have likely been received and are sitting in storage at CGC unopened, waiting to be logged.  At this point, it's a waiting game and just requires A LOT of patience.

Be aware, wait times for books continue to be lengthy at times...especially with a smaller staff.  If you’re worrying about it every day, you’ll stress yourself.  Try and give yourself a week or two before following up.  I’m sure CGC is also overwhelmed fielding calls and emails like this. (thumbsu

18 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Be aware, wait times for books continue to be lengthy at times...especially with a smaller staff.  If you’re worrying about it every day, you’ll stress yourself.  Try and give yourself a week or two before following up.  I’m sure CGC is also overwhelmed fielding calls and emails like this. (thumbsu

This is fine, I just wanted to see if its normal!

1 hour ago, Ryan Vandal said:

This is fine, I just wanted to see if its normal!

It's normal for the rime being.  Wait until comicon season returns. Lol