• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you rather own the 9.4....

96 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

This is so not even close it isn't funny.

More Fun #73 is very far down the list compared to the Holy Trinity.

This Trinity thing....is it a real thing?  And if so, will it continue?  Does everyone really love Wonder Woman so much that her one-of-several-maybe 9.4's is better than the single best Church Aquaman & Green Arrow ?  Her movie flopped big-time.

Edited by ChillMan

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I'd rather own a Batman1 9.0 than a CGC 10.0 MF73

Would any manipulation change your mind?and I know the only non Bat book for your heart is one signed by Elvis!

Imagine an Elvis appearance sigged book,since we're playing make believe?

18 minutes ago, ChillMan said:

This Trinity thing....is it a real thing?  And if so, will it continue?  Does everyone really love Wonder Woman so much that her one-of-several-maybe 9.4's is better than the single best Church Aquaman & Green Arrow ?  Her movie flopped big-time.

I thought her first movie was a huge hit?

Anyone see the film made about her creator and partners?I'd recommend,great movie.

17 minutes ago, ChillMan said:

Ok.  Are Heath Ledger (Brokeback Mountain) and Joukin Penix really so much cooler than Jason Momoa and Stephen Amell ?

I couldn't care less about any of the actors you mentioned. By the way, it's Joaquin Phoenix.

Batman trumps Aquaman any day, every day.

Edited by Gotham Kid

39 minutes ago, ChillMan said:

See, this is a good thing.  The fact that the More Fun #73 is your personal grail and not anyone else's means you could purchase it without having to bid against all the rest of us who would rather own Batman #1, All Star #8, or probably countless other comics.

33 minutes ago, ChillMan said:

Ok.  Are Heath Ledger (Brokeback Mountain) and Joukin Penix really so much cooler than Jason Momoa and Stephen Amell ?

Are we talking about comic books or movies here?

26 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I couldn't care less about any of the actors you mentioned. By the way, it's Joaquin Phoenix.

Batman trumps Aquaman any day, every day.

Ok.  Movies aren't everything.

Does Batman's 20th appearance trump Aquaman & Green Arrow's 1st appearance?

Edited by ChillMan

1 minute ago, ChillMan said:

Does Batman's 27th appearance trump Aquaman & Green Arrow's 1st appearance?

Easily

14 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

What one has not been cleaned and pressed?

Hard to say.  Of course, as a kid, like all fans I sought out books based primarily on whether they had not been cleaned and pressed.   Later, as an adult, I came to see that comics also had some (admittedly limited) appeal for being the original source material for immensely entertaining and enlightening characters.   

27 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

ComicLink just listed a MF73 CGC 8.0 @ $419,000

Someone should email ComicLink to correct the price to $41,900. Typo.

There are currently 2 copies above 8.0.  How many above 8.0 do you think exist....or will surface in the next 10 years?

48 minutes ago, ChillMan said:

Does Batman's 20th appearance trump Aquaman & Green Arrow's 1st appearance?

Yes, and so it follows that his 14th appearance is even better.  But if for some reason it doesn't, 1st Joker and 1st Catwoman easily trump 1st Sub-mariner rip-off and 1st Arrow rip-off. (Heck, I think the 3rd rate rip-off Hawkeye series will be much bigger than Green Arrow's TV show, you should start hording Tales of Suspense 57s.)

The Joker film is the highest grossing R-rated film of all-time by a long shot. But even if you were to discount the film (and the countless video game appearances which is really where the fan base if building now), Joker appearances in the comics garner much more attention than Aquaman or Green Arrow - neither of which can sustain runs of comics for any length of time. Not to mention the merchandising. No one gets excited that a new Green Arrow figure is released, yet Joker figures are sellouts whether they be $10 toys or multi-thousand dollar statues.

38 minutes ago, ChillMan said:

There are currently 2 copies above 8.0.  How many above 8.0 do you think exist....or will surface in the next 10 years?

Enough to satisfy the demand of the number of people willing and able to pay for them.  But, hey,  Heritage has a 7.5 in the next auction - tied for 7th highest graded copy and they are heavily promoting it with ads and a video. And while I won't predict it to sell for anywhere near what the 7th highest graded copy of Batman #1 will, I think it would be impressive if it could reach what the 27th highest graded copy would sell for.