• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you rather own the 9.4....

96 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, batman_fan said:
On 3/10/2021 at 10:19 PM, tth2 said:

Let me see if I can get an even more Soviet-style vote:

Would you rather own ...

The Mile High Action 1

CGC 10.0 New Mutants 98

TMNT 1 autographed by Stan Lee 

Expand  

Did Stan draw a spider on the cover of the TMNT?  Need to know before I decide.

But of course!

8 hours ago, ChillMan said:

If we have to debate if 200-300 existing 1938 1st Superman's is better than 20,000+ existing 1995 1st Chalizard's....we're never gonna get anywhere.

And with 95% of the Chalizards collected & preserved from Day 1.

I'd rather have a Chalizard in 2.0 condition....a 1990's GAME USED Chalizard.

Dude, what is a Chalizard? :baiting:

On 3/16/2021 at 11:47 AM, Spyder! said:

You mean, the guys who have an emotional connection to Pokemon because it was a big part of their childhood will suddenly start caring about comics that were not a part of their childhood? :screwy:

So, I'm from the Pokemon generation (the earliest Pokemon, i.e. the ones that are now most expensive), and I can't even put into words the strength of the nostalgia I feel looking at the old cards. I'm not spending six figures on a PSA 9/10 Charizard, but I will happily pay four figures to put together a full run of the cards I used to have. The emotional attachment is stronger to the cards than the comics, but I still love collecting comics; then again, I may be abnormal since I do have an attachment to some comics characters from the GA like Batman and Superman.

6 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

You seem to have a complete inability to understand any perspective other than your own. That tells me that trying to debate anything with you would be a waste of time, so I'm going to disengage.

Would you rather have a chalizard or the Mile High More Fun 73?  

1 hour ago, buttock said:

Would you rather have a chalizard or the Mile High More Fun 73?  

There are other threads on here about 9.4 AS 8, MF 73, Batman 1....with little or no context about the grade.  Just assuming it's the single best existing....and sounding-off about the auction result.  Totally ridiculous.

1 hour ago, ChillMan said:

There are other threads on here about 9.4 AS 8, MF 73, Batman 1....with little or no context about the grade.  Just assuming it's the single best existing....and sounding-off about the auction result.  Totally ridiculous.

Totally.  I can't believe people are talking about comics on a comic book discussion forum.  Clowns.  

18 hours ago, ChillMan said:

I might rub some guys the wrong way....but no one will jump in and back-me-up that Action #1 is better than 20,000+ existing 1995 Charizards?

I don't think that's really in dispute, but not everybody is going to want the Action 1 instead because they might have different priorities.

18 hours ago, ChillMan said:

It isn't, though. It is reasonably to think that a Church book is the best copy of that book, and to consider it worthy of special discussion. It's why I, dedicated Batman collector, would probably pick the Church MF 73 over a 9.0 Batman 1 (assuming I have the funds to get another good copy of Batman 1)--because Church books are special.

5 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

because Church books are special.

They are a blight upon the earth.  Comic collectors should stay as far away as possible from these diseased pamphlets. 

Church books cause rectal cancer.