• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: Lot's of keys books! CKK Downsizing sale!!!
10 10

245 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Chickenwings said:

sorry to hear about your loss.  i lost my mom to stomach cancer about 9 years ago and there isn't a day that goes by when i don't think about her.  i know wandavision is just a show but the quote about "what is grief, if not love persevering" rings true for me.  

It's funny that you say that, because I quoted a Marvel movie a few times over the last few weeks that rang true for me.  "Part of the Journey is the end".

2 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

It's funny that you say that, because I quoted a Marvel movie a few times over the last few weeks that rang true for me.  "Part of the Journey is the end".

I have been thinking about loss a lot too, my father passed from heart attack when I was young, and each time I lose a pet which recently have (a spate of bad luck and medical issues), I have to force myself to be here today as much as I yearn and mourn for the past. 

1 minute ago, MyNameIsLegion said:

@ChasingKingKirby- I've been where you are at- lost mom 9 years ago and my dad 6 weeks ago. For those 9 years everything in my parents house stayed the way it was when she died. Dad couldn't deal with it. Now that's he's gone my brother and I had to sift through and throw away 53 years of their life. Its been like losing mom all over again in the process, so you are doing the right thing to go through things now. Putting it off down the road when your dad is gone is a double whammy I wish on no one. also, you will be grateful to have him still here as you go through things, because he's there to ask questions and provide context to things you might not know. This is what my brother and I had to struggle with, and it sucks. Take care of your elf and your dad. 

Thank You.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Yours is pretty fresh as well.  :(   

1 minute ago, Djohnson321 said:

Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad to hear you are taking action to sort things out, you are a good son. My mother is in her 80’s and I had a similar conversation with her a few years ago.  I think I’m going to give her a call today...

Yeah, honestly.  In that moment she could have asked me to spread her ashes on the peaks of Everest and this summer they would have found my frozen corpse on the side of Everest clutching her urn.  I guess I should be grateful she said the Blue Ridge.  

36 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Thank You so much guys.  My Mom was a pretty amazing person.  Tough as nails, wise and funny.  Indulge me one quick story...  

My Mom was a very matter of fact about her diagnosis.  (Much to my discomfort.)  We spent a lot of time together the last couple weeks of her life.  One day, she told me her wishes after he death.  Here's how that conversation went:

Mom: Michael, I want to be cremated when I die.

Me:  I know Mom.  I'll make sure it's done.

Mom: Well, this summer I want you to take what's left of me, climb up to the top of the blue ridge where I was born and spread my ashes.  

Me: Mom, ummmm...  You know I'm not really built for climbing.  

(I'm 6'1" and 240 lbs...)

Mom: Yeah, well, you'll be less fat when you get down.  Two birds with one stone.  

I couldn't help but laugh.  lol

lol

This pretty much epitomizes a great mom...even toward the end she's looking out for her son's well-being.