• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: Lot's of keys books! CKK Downsizing sale!!!
10 10

245 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four 50 5.0 $350    SOLD

Love this cover.  Catching fire due to 48 and 49 moving out of reach for many collectors.   Second best cover of the trilogy for me.   I am not a fan of 48, and 49 is clearly the best and arguably the best of Kirby’s run.  This is a 5.0 to me with no major flaws, just overall wear.  Book has LOTs of pressable defects if your into that.  

A42155C6-A750-4BD7-9E9D-5866B9DDB163.jpeg

8634A788-3110-4160-B514-B19D2DD9A710.jpeg

1B99E998-69F0-4808-95A6-06D1EC64BC0E.jpeg

Edited by ChasingKingKirby

8 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

My condolences to you. Cancer sucks big time. Took my dad and mother in law within the last 6 years.

Ever since I saw this cover when I was a kid I have always loved it.

Thank You.  I’m sorry for your loss as well. :(

Just realized I never priced the MTU Annual. lol

21 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

Michael,

Please accept my belated condolences about your mother. My dad died from bladder cancer in 2015, my mom died from lung cancer in 2016, my youngest brother (early 40s) died of kidney cancer, my grandmother died of ovarian cancer, and my aunt died of brain cancer. So, unless I get run over by a bus, I'm pretty sure I'm know how I will be going.

Also, I don't envy your job as the executor of your Mom's estate. My next youngest brother and I were executors of my Mom's estate. Certain siblings were upset with how things were done, but I always came back with, "I'm just following the instructions in Mom's will."

Also, God bless you for taking in your Dad. The death of a spouse is always difficult for the surviving spouse. My Mom never really recovered from my Dad's death, and we convinced her it was best for her to live in an assisted living community. Man, that was one tough decision, and I still feel guilty about it to this day. I think what convinced my Mom to accept the assisted living community was this conversation, "Mom, if you fall down the stairs to the basement, you can scream until the cows come home and nobody will ever hear you. I don't think that is something you want to experience."

I don't envy you in any of this. Dealing with the death of your Mom, helping your Dad cope with his loss, and going through a ton of stuff that nobody really wants is going to be hard. I had trouble with dealing with just two of these issues.

Hang in there! At some point in time, there will be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank You.   I feel for you.   That is so much loss...  Youre the type candidate for a bi-annual full body scan.   Also, I know where to send my daughter for questions with her Algebra. :baiting:

1 hour ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Fantastic Four 50 5.0 $350

Love this cover.  Catching fire due to 48 and 49 moving out of reach for many collectors.   Second best cover of the trilogy for me.   I am not a fan of 48, and 49 is clearly the best and arguably the best of Kirby’s run.  This is a 5.0 to me with no major flaws, just overall wear.  Book has LOTs of pressable defects if your into that.  

A42155C6-A750-4BD7-9E9D-5866B9DDB163.jpeg

8634A788-3110-4160-B514-B19D2DD9A710.jpeg

1B99E998-69F0-4808-95A6-06D1EC64BC0E.jpeg

Sold per PM

My condolences as well, it sounds like your mother was an amazing person. My father just called me today to let me know his Prostate cancer had finally (After being diagnosed 5 or6 years ago) gotten bad enough that it was time to do the targeted radiation treatments (not chemo thank $diety). He's pretty confident in the outcome, as are all his doctors, but it's scary as hell. 

Very sorry to hear and for your loss. With as rough as the last year has been for everyone, no one deserves this extra sorrow and troubles. I hope things go as smoothly as possible for you going forward. And good luck with the sale. These books are super.

42 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Thank You.   I feel for you.   That is so much loss...  Youre the type candidate for a bi-annual full body scan.   Also, I know where to send my daughter for questions with her Algebra. :baiting:

Here's the thing - the way Algebra is taught today, it makes absolutely no sense to me. Yes, we both can end up with the same answer, but the way I do it is MUCH easier than what is currently taught. Algebra has been around 1000s of years, and I don't understand why we continuously reinvent the wheel to "improve" student learning. You want to know how you improve student learning - take away their darn cell phones!