• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did the option to "laugh" at someone's comment get moved someplace else?
2 2

89 posts in this topic

One theory was that it was a sensitivity issue that led to its removal, negativity such as mocking and sarcasm. Even laughter has its dark side.

Alternatively, the boards were just getting too silly, and that just couldn’t go on, and so activity to restrict the silliness had to be taken.

Edited by Ken Aldred

3 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

One theory was that it was a sensitivity issue that led to its removal, negativity such as mocking and sarcasm. Even laughter has its dark side.

Alternatively, the boards were just getting too silly, and that just couldn’t go on, and so activity to restrict the silliness had to be taken.

You mean to tell me all the laugh emojis I got were actually people mocking me? And to think, I thought I was making friends 

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

You mean to tell me all the laugh emojis I got were actually people mocking me? And to think, I thought I was making friends 

I’m sure not all of them.

Just the trolls.

49 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

No.  It's not like the old thumbsu emoji where it was only used as an FU.  Sometimes it's actually because you say something funny.