• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comic Art & Super-heroes Exhibit, Chicago Museum of Science, Industry now to October, 2021
2 2

14 posts in this topic

This seems to be primarily a traveling Marvel original art and movie props exhibit that originated at Museum of Pop Culture, Seattle, WA (search for previous pics) and now in Chicago, IL running to the end of Oct, 2021. $18 general admission but daytime entry selling out due to Marvel popularity, social distancing. Thus, they have added evening admission. Highly recommended, as prime original published comic book cover art, splashes, and props generously loaned by the biggest USA collectors and comic dealers. Decades covered: 1939 to 2019 Marvel Cinematic Universe. Recommended for families too.

More info: Superb Marvel Comic Art in Chicago Museum

I just want to say that I went to the exhibit that was in Seattle and it was amazing.  They had various movie props but more importantly some really famous original art on display!  If anyone can make it to the exhibit I would highly recommend it.

36 minutes ago, EggShen4thewin said:

I just want to say that I went to the exhibit that was in Seattle and it was amazing.  They had various movie props but more importantly some really famous original art on display!  If anyone can make it to the exhibit I would highly recommend it.

I'm guessing it's the same roving exhibit that goes from museum to museum.  I went to one in Edmonton and the OA blew my mind.  (I just checked my phone and I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of it).

Although the exhibit stays 90% the same for every installation, they switch up some of the art/props/costumes for each city.  I haven't seen the exhibit, but know that since the exhibit has opened, they've added content around the X-Men, Capt. Marvel, Shang Chi, Deathlok, and more.  So, if you saw the exhibit in Seattle or Philly, it may seem a little different now.  

I saw it in Philadelphia; very well done. Comic Art Fans on YouTube has an interview with the guy who put together the exhibition and convinced all the art donors to participate. I took tons of photos, some of which are duplicated above, and some not.

9YS4i3t.png.ac5adce8dcc434bc0c69e18877a51a8f.pngJdSi8ED.png.c821d47e9d68ea76c8b14512955ed8c8.png

I appreciated that they were selling quite a few dollar reprints of key issues.

Ew40lUF.png.551d78549a6e193f4d0a31ae77281d14.png