• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lots of scuffs on the inside slab and inner well?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Contacted CGC and they are going to reholder for me since it's a bad defect.  Great company.  

Very nice.  The slabs looks like it was used after grading a sheet of 80 grit sandpaper. 🤮

1 hour ago, Stevemmg said:

I have at least 25 magazine slabs with this issue. Very annoying considering the premium charged and the long wait times. Seems that qc doesn’t consider it a problem in most cases. 

Yeah, I've never had this problem before so I wonder if it's a more recent thing..it is very jarring on black covers though. 

35 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

It definitely detracts from the books when you look at them. I had initially thought it might be on the outside, but after closer inspection, found it to be inside as you observed. 

I solve this problem by cracking them out.  2c

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Yeah, I've never had this problem before so I wonder if it's a more recent thing..it is very jarring on black covers though. 

It's an old problem and prominant enough that Mycomicshop does mention it when describing the case condition in their auctions. Glad your getting the free reholder service.