• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Day The Laughter Died

52 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, grapeape said:

🎵 My my hey hey

Thought the xD emoji was here to stay

But someone got bored, and took it away

Guess we used it too much and now we’ve lost our say  🎵 

Sorry ( like sad or thanks) just don’t cut it when Vodou, exitmusicblue, Gene or any of my other homies drop a hilarious meme or stinging zinger. 🍇 + 🦍  considering his options.

Never one to waste a topic tell me your thoughts but beware the Mods 😔 and while we’re at it.....

What other areas of the comic art hobby and market have you personally felt the xD button removed from your life.

I just left a post in moderation review request. If you can think of another spot to ask about it, it can’t hurt. 

17 hours ago, grapeape said:

Never one to waste a topic tell me your thoughts but beware the Mods 😔 and while we’re at it.....

No kidding. I just came off a "vacation" for a sharing a little too much #truth in that new taxation thread that popped up in Comics.

As such no lol from me any time soon. I know almost all of you are gonna get smoked hard on 1099-Ks you don't even know you're gonna get yet (er...now you do, I guess ;) )

And well...so be it :) you've only been warned for about five years by me lol already.

In all seriousness though...if you've clearing any net profits anywhere but not reporting it...get a local tax professional to look at your situation and tell you what's what. And if you're losing money...why aren't you filing the losses against income...man!

On 3/12/2021 at 7:34 PM, grapeape said:

🎵 My my hey hey

Thought the xD emoji was here to stay

But someone got bored, and took it away

Guess we used it too much and now we’ve lost our say  🎵 

Sorry ( like sad or thanks) just don’t cut it when Vodou, exitmusicblue, Gene or any of my other homies drop a hilarious meme or stinging zinger. 🍇 + 🦍  considering his options.

What other areas of the comic art hobby and market have you personally felt the xD button removed from your life.

100% felt the same...

On another board that I frequent, the laughing and sad emojis became an “issue.” It was largely because of political needling, but people would use them to laugh at, and make fun of people’s comments, so other thin-skinned posters reported it until the moderators stepped in. We did get to keep them, but it’s become a bit of a point of contention. Personally, I wonder why care that much about the opinion of a complete stranger.

This board is much more polite than a lot of others I’ve seen, but I have noticed bickering increasing a smidge over the last bunch of months—or maybe it’s just become noticeable as I’ve been here longer—so maybe it’s a similar “issue” to the moderators here, too? That’s just a guess, though, as I don’t really know the players or interactions here very well. 

9 hours ago, Bill C said:

Interestingly enough- if you want comedy- "The Day the Laughter Died" is a classic Dice album. He did a second one also.

I could never get used to ADC. I saw the In Living Color parody before I watched his stand up. I am a Bill Hicks man myself.

18 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

I could never get used to ADC. I saw the In Living Color parody before I watched his stand up. I am a Bill Hicks man myself.

you mean Denis Leary?

I want to say after reading this thread I understand why some of you collect creative works instead of creating them yourselves.

:devil:

9 minutes ago, Latverian Tourism Board said:

Personally, I wonder why care that much about the opinion of a complete stranger.

For myself, it isn't the thing of having some viewpoints challenged. It's the way they are dismissed out of hand and the manner of presentation. I have virtually never been spoken to in my face the way I have been on social media. The very very few times I have, it was a prelude to a throw down. There is a vast difference in discourse between real life and say FB with very different potential outcomes. I enjoy a conversation. Not an argument. Now we are faced with "cancel culture", a term that is already exhausting. If anything slights us in the least, we will pretend it isn't there. <sticks fingers in ears "LALALALALA! LALALALALA!">

Take this with whatever value you may apply but it's hard to deny: "But know this, that in the last days, critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God...."

To ME, it's a little "On The Nose". And for those people who are living in the present and the moment, impossible to deny.

Welcome. Welcome to The Age Of The Narcissist. Where EVERYONE has a microphone.

1 minute ago, Bird said:

you mean Denis Leary?

I want to say after reading this thread I understand why some of you collect creative works instead of creating them yourselves.

:devil:

No, sir. I mean Bill Hicks. Denis Leary plagiarized from Bill Hicks. Heavily.

I love collecting creative works of others. I also like to create my own. I play some guitar and I LOVE to write. Have many essays tucked away on hard drives. Seems as though we were born to create and enjoy the works of other creators as well.

Just now, Randall Ries said:

No, sir. I mean Bill Hicks. Denis Leary plagiarized from Bill Hicks. Heavily.

I love collecting creative works of others. I also like to create my own. I play some guitar and I LOVE to write. Have many essays tucked away on hard drives. Seems as though we were born to create and enjoy the works of other creators as well.

Yes, I am a Hicks fan myself that is why I posted that.

7 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Yes. First time I watched "No Cure For Cancer" I was like "Whut?" It was like playing Pink Floyd's "The Wall":

"Haven't we......

......Been here before?"

I learned of Hicks on Letterman and was stunned when I saw Leary later on. I was not aware at the time that they were friends once as well.