• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Artists Fix Mistakes of Jack Kirby, Joe Simon for $6.99.......

38 posts in this topic

Nope, nothing to fix!

While there are good artists in the Captain America and Avengers Tribute books. There is no need to f u c k with two classic stories, don't try and "fix" something that ain't broke

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marvel-artists-fix-mistakes-of-jack-kirby-joe-simon-for-6-99/

Edited by Brian Peck

So it looks like N_zi's are no longer allowed to have sw_sticas. 

Comics were really on the forefront of highlighting what was happening in Europe before the US even got into WWII.  This is really insulting to the contributions by all the creators of that period.

1 minute ago, Will_K said:

Comics were really on the forefront of highlighting what was happening in Europe before the US even got into WWII.  This is really insulting to the contributions by all the creators of that period.

yes that is insane

I love McNiven's art but am annoyed by that cover...Cap just punching that guy in the brown suit? Why? What did he do?

11 minutes ago, Bird said:

yes that is insane

I love McNiven's art but am annoyed by that cover...Cap just punching that guy in the brown suit? Why? What did he do?

I think McNiven only did the Avengers #4 cover recreation, not that Cap #1.

1 minute ago, Twanj said:

I think McNiven only did the Avengers #4 cover recreation, not that Cap #1.

you are correct, it is Mark Brooks on that one

Love it sooo much, I didn't even see. doh!

Looking at that McNiven now, I always liked Morales inking him more than Vines. Not thrilled with that cover either honestly.

Edited by Bird

14 minutes ago, Bird said:

Cap just punching that guy in the brown suit? Why? What did he do?

Yeah.  "Captain America" is a little too jingoist anyway.  Cap must be the aggressor here.  GAWD !!

I think maybe they should be retitled, Rorschach Tests.  People here seem to see whatever they want to out of it.  I see a money grab with some new art to condensed or retold stories. Others seem to see a culture war.  

"Isn't it a shame..." "Clearly improved..." This advertisement for these 'products' is clueless, arrogant, and sickening. What are these people thinking or is that giving them too much credit? They could have chosen another way to advertise their product, but instead they chose this route. Very sad. 

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Items with swastikas can't be sold in many markets. This is not new, as the German edition of Captain America #1 has the swastikas disguised  as circles.

Silly me, I thought we were in America.

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

Do people really need the guy to be wearing a swastika to know who he is?

Well, otherwise it's Disney (via Marvel) promoting assault & battery. No?

4 hours ago, shadroch said:

Do people really need the guy to be wearing a swastika to know who he is?

maybe not you and I but it seems silly and unnecessary to me. I don't do the slippery slope thing but this seems heavy handed and silly.

I was trying to buy a boardies collection years ago and it had Hansi in it, if I bought the collection that book would have been destroyed. No need for that and I think it is so misleading as to reinforce the wrong things. So I am no fan of the swastika, maybe it is my Polish heritage I don't know. But this seems so silly. Now I KNOW others will say I am silly for that Hansi part but I am what I am.

21 hours ago, Will_K said:

Do we really want to forget about what happened during WW2?  The Germans were our enemies and truly committed incredible acts of evil and artists visualization of them should never be erased.