• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Antonio,Texas Comic Book Show Sunday October 2,2005

20 posts in this topic

Just a friendly reminder not to miss JMV Entertainment's

San Antonio Comic Book Show

Sunday October 2,2005

Crowne Plaza Hotel (formally the Radisson Hotel) - San Antonio Airport

1111 NE Loop 410 (Exit Nacogdoches road)

Hours:10am - 4pm Admission:$2.00

Early Buyers Admission:$5.00 (9am -10am only)

Win a $100.00 shopping spree drawing at 3:30pm

Dealer tables:$50.00 each (20-6ft)

For more info contact:

JMV Entertainment

PO BOX 151

Temple,Texas 76503

(254) 773 -4757 / (254) 760-8682

info@jmventertainment.com

www.jmventertainment.com

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

How was your last show in Irving(?) I was wondering because I thought I'd have lighthouse and stronguy drop by to check out the action. I was considering possible setting up at a Texas show so I could network with other Texas collectors and dealers who may have Bronze back stock. Is this the show for me? I've heard so many conflicting reports, I just don't know what to think? Will you have any guest creators? Is A.C.T.O.R. or Wizard set up to be there any time this year? I like San Antonio and could make it a family trip/vacation while I wheel and deal.

Thanks for your inquiry Darth,

The August Irving Show was cancelled due to low dealer interest.As far as our other shows go they are smaller one day shows.Attendance has been as low as 20 and as high as 150.

We do get collectors looking for high grade material but so far no dealers with that material have shown any interest in setting up for a one day show prefering to wait for larger 2 day shows such as The Austin Collectors Expo (Austin,Tx),Dallas Comic Con(Plano,Tx),and of course Wizard World Texas (Arlington,Tx).

We will have local artists set up but no big name guests.The Oct 2 San Antonio show is located near the Airport.Lots of Military families visiting loved ones in training at local military bases and high end tourists from Mexico usually stay at the hotel on weekends.

If your interested in setting up please contact us.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

James Vaughn

JMV Entertainment

The August Irving Show was cancelled due to low dealer interest.As far as our other shows go they are smaller one day shows.Attendance has been as low as 20 and as high as 150.

We do get collectors looking for high grade material but so far no dealers with that material have shown any interest in setting up for a one day show prefering to wait for larger 2 day shows such as The Austin Collectors Expo (Austin,Tx),Dallas Comic Con(Plano,Tx),and of course Wizard World Texas (Arlington,Tx).

You have a self-perpetuating problem. You don't get dealers with high end material because you keep cancelling your shows at the last minute. What kind of promotion are you doing? What kind of dealer outreach are you doing? Why in the world would anybody go to your show, when the show is cancelled at the last minute without notification. You simply cannot cancel a show, once it is announced and you've advertised it, or customers will stop going to the shows entirely.

If I was in Texas and traveled to see your show, only to find out that it was cancelled, I'd be seriously pissed off. The Tysons shows up here are never cancelled, and started as the same size as yours.

Man... tough call...

Set up at this show... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or watch the Saints-Bills game for free at the Alamodome... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think watching the dregs of the NFL beat each other senseless is the way to go... especially since it's only going to cost me $5 in gas. Setting up at this "show" would probably set me back $200+.

Actually I tell you what... Instead of setting up at your show at the Crowne Plaza, I will set up my own show in section 311 of the Alamodome. I'll bring about 5 comics with me in a backpack and I will see if anyone in my row wants to buy them. I bet when it's all said and done, I will have the better show... thumbsup2.gif

Dear Lighthouse,

I was wondering when you were going to pop up.Your last post was very funny 27_laughing.gif.

Please consider setting up.I will give you a discount on tables that way you can fill your back pack up with as many comics as possible.

Of course this offer is available to any board member interested in setting up.

Obviously it will be a small show but a fun show.

James Vaughn

JMV Entertainment

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Obviously it will be a small show but a fun show.

Will there be hot girls from the San Antonio Hooters be there? I hear that lighthouse knows them all personally or may have worked for him at some point in their illustrious careers. I hope you can get him to set up 893crossfingers-thumb.gif The Saints-Bills game is going to suck hard anyway... kind of like lighthouse's employees 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The Saints-Bills game is going to suck hard anyway... kind of like lighthouse's employees 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ummm.... I bet bubbagump would have something to say about that... 27_laughing.gif

As for the game, I'm not expecting much. The biggest reason to go is that they are doing an enormous free tailgating party starting about 4 hours before the game. I figure I can graze my way through several helpings of boudin and jumbalaya.

The local media can't decide what we are supposed to yell during the game. One faction wanted to appropriate the highly successful "Go Spurs Go" and have us all yelling "Go Saints Go". Then there's the faction that thinks stealing from the Jets is a better choice. Two problems have already been brought up with that strategy. First, many of the fans will be too drunk to spell Saints by the end of the game. And second, any time Aaron Brooks is your QB you don't really wanted to be yelling "S - A - I - N - T - S"

If you decide to drop by the show ,there will be Sports Cards on my table as well .No jersey inserts or aughtographs.Lots of football.Yes dealer turnout is low but we will keep trying to get our Comic Book shows going in San Antonio.

We have been more sucessful with our Coin and Sports shows in San Antonio.

If you decide to set up . 6ft table for $10.00 (Board Member Special)

James Vaughn

JMV Entertainment

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Bad News Folks.Due to the low dealer interest .We must cancel the Show for Sunday in San Antonio.The critics and haters have won this battle but we will try again in the future.

Sorry to disappoint.But gas is pushing $3.00 a gallon and it doesn't make the trip worthwhile .

Well I am sorry to hear that.

Although it's probably for the best.

You probably aren't aware, but they are demolishing the McCullough St bridge over Loop 410 this weekend and are shutting down a whole section of the freeway from Friday night until Monday morning. It's about 2 miles from where your show was supposed to be, but I guarantee you that very few people would have been excited about travelling the Loop in that area.

If you like, feel free to blame your show cancellation on that. Sounds a lot better than lack of dealer interest...

You should come to town on the 19th of November and stop by Dale's show at the Live Oak Civic Center. He gets around 900 attendance each time and does 3-5 shows a year here. You might pick up some ideas. Bubbagump and I will both be set up. thumbsup2.gif

'House

The Saints-Bills game is going to suck hard anyway... kind of like lighthouse's employees 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ummm.... I bet bubbagump would have something to say about that... 27_laughing.gif

I most certainly do not suck. Not so sure about House's other employees though. Especially the skinny goth wannabe guy. laugh.gif

Thanks for the moral support Lighthouse,The November 19 show should be good as the Alamo Coin Club is having their regular coin show at the Live Oak Civic Center November 19 and that is a 60+ table show ith about 300- 400 people.

The possibilites of crossover traffic should be good.Plus there is at sportscard show on the following Sunday in the same room.

We will try again in 2006 for San Antonio.As for 2005 we have 2 comic book shows left.October 30 in Houston and December 18 in Irving.

Please consider setting up at one of those shows.

James Vaughn

JMV Entertainment