• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
2 2

14 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

Not to distract from your awesome book, but I was an underbidder on the OA cover that became available 1-2yrs ago... Looking back, I should have been more aggressive...

Hey, not at all. That went for an incredibly cheap price. It would have been wild to own. We’ve all missed out on some crazy goodies in the past. 

39 minutes ago, TMNT said:

:whatthe:

Good luck my man! 

Thanks! I must focus on getting a house, and it seems that if you are not at the top of totem poll, putting down ridiculous amounts of money, you might as well not even offer. It's wicked :insane: I'm of course being patient, and hoping this Gobbledygook 2 finds a new home on the boards. 

I'm sorry I didn't get new pics up, and will surely do so tomorrow!

7 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Not to distract from your awesome book, but I was an underbidder on the OA cover that became available 1-2yrs ago... Looking back, I should have been more aggressive...

I bailed out at $2,500.  The fact that it was basically transposed from the interior story and then reinked had me reticent to go hard on it, since 1) it's not actually turtles and 2) its not 100% OA.  I don't think you should beat yourself up too hard on this.  

5 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

I bailed out at $2,500.  The fact that it was basically transposed from the interior story and then reinked had me reticent to go hard on it, since 1) it's not actually turtles and 2) its not 100% OA.  I don't think you should beat yourself up too hard on this.  

I owned that cover years ago. Was very cool in hand, just at these actual Gooks are. When it sold at auction, it went for a fraction of what it moved at privately...

6 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

Thanks! I must focus on getting a house, and it seems that if you are not at the top of totem poll, putting down ridiculous amounts of money, you might as well not even offer. It's wicked :insane: I'm of course being patient, and hoping this Gobbledygook 2 finds a new home on the boards. 

I'm sorry I didn't get new pics up, and will surely do so tomorrow!

I just knew it had to be a VERY good reason for you to part with this gem. Good luck with that "real world" purchase! 

15 hours ago, TMNT said:

I just knew it had to be a VERY good reason for you to part with this gem. Good luck with that "real world" purchase! 

Real world is right! It’s crazy when you think of how much we spend on our books (and art :baiting:). It’s always funny when we tell our family and friends. Sometimes I get into the cultural significance and other times just mention the now “old” sale of Action 1. 

Here are some updated pictures. Please excuse the glare. I’m going to leave this open here for one more day. 

0C0054BB-3B63-4F6C-A1AD-F2A50F99354B.jpeg

E41D9FC4-E1F7-46FD-9D15-0C53B029F58F.jpeg

DAB6D808-B901-4095-8302-C51663828FDC.jpeg

9C73C088-6A3C-4B4C-BBF6-4F773A241A4E.jpeg

020CAFA2-D0AF-4E3D-B4C9-90A760DB1D9F.jpeg

C4ADFA0F-D420-4391-ACA7-C67942781C3A.jpeg

4C62FECE-661D-416B-B112-6C6026554B8C.jpeg