• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Burlington, IA Comic Con 3-20-21

5 posts in this topic

Wanted to let you know that we're having a one day comic con at the mall in West Burlington this coming Saturday.  Address is:

550 S Gear Ave, West Burlington, IA 52655

Show hours are from 10-7, with costume parade around 3 p.m.  I'll be setting up and look forward to meeting any board members that may decide to attend.  Here is a link to the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/236517658006431

14 hours ago, batcollector said:

Wanted to let you know that we're having a one day comic con at the mall in West Burlington this coming Saturday.  Address is:

550 S Gear Ave, West Burlington, IA 52655

Show hours are from 10-7, with costume parade around 3 p.m.  I'll be setting up and look forward to meeting any board members that may decide to attend.  Here is a link to the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/236517658006431

Im 95% sure Ill be there. I might be taking a delivery for my work to davenport and thought Id stop in. Im coming from St Louis.

Is this your first time being there? It is for me. What type of books/dealers should I expect? Where is your booth, Ill stop by and say Hi! 

Quadcon did a show in St Charles (30 min out of St Louis) back in October and it was a good time!

Also any food recommendations?!

10 hours ago, Raze said:

Im 95% sure Ill be there. I might be taking a delivery for my work to davenport and thought Id stop in. Im coming from St Louis.

Is this your first time being there? It is for me. What type of books/dealers should I expect? Where is your booth, Ill stop by and say Hi! 

Quadcon did a show in St Charles (30 min out of St Louis) back in October and it was a good time!

Also any food recommendations?!

That would be great if it worked out for you to stop by!  This will be the third time I've been at the Burlington show.  I usually don't do shows but this is very close to my home and I want to support the event.  The last show probably had close to a dozen sellers of back issues and many other vendors selling toys and artwork.  John Wells does an awesome job of organizing the event and making it fun for both vendors and participants.  I don't know where my spot in the mall is yet, but look for a backdrop made out of PVC pipe and fittings and that will be me - would love to meet you.

There are plenty of good restaurants in Burlington to eat.  Lots of the typical chain restaurants and some great local restaurants - Gator's, The Drake, Martini's, and Good are some of the best and have a good variety of food. 

Don't hesitate to reach out if any more questions and hope to see you Saturday!

On 3/17/2021 at 9:12 AM, batcollector said:

That would be great if it worked out for you to stop by!  This will be the third time I've been at the Burlington show.  I usually don't do shows but this is very close to my home and I want to support the event.  The last show probably had close to a dozen sellers of back issues and many other vendors selling toys and artwork.  John Wells does an awesome job of organizing the event and making it fun for both vendors and participants.  I don't know where my spot in the mall is yet, but look for a backdrop made out of PVC pipe and fittings and that will be me - would love to meet you.

There are plenty of good restaurants in Burlington to eat.  Lots of the typical chain restaurants and some great local restaurants - Gator's, The Drake, Martini's, and Good are some of the best and have a good variety of food. 

Don't hesitate to reach out if any more questions and hope to see you Saturday!

My delivery was canceled late on friday so I didn't make it. Do you have any pics of the show? What did you have at your booth? Was it a good show for you?

Sorry to hear that you couldn't make it.  I didn't get any great pics of my setup but I had about 8 short boxes of dollar books with quite a few silver age x-men and ASM books.  Compared to the last 2 shows, this was by far the busiest for me.  Glad to see the state of the hobby strong in SE Iowa!