• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long until the comic books I submitted for grading show up in "My Submissions?"
1 1

70 posts in this topic

I submitted two comic books for grading and sent them to the Florida address.

UPS states that the package was delivered 11 days ago (delivered on 3/5/21). Any idea how long it will take to appear in the "my submissions" area? I know the grading will take a long time, but I want to make sure they received it!

• Administrator

Hi there! We are still behind on opening mail. It can take a few weeks to see your submission change to "received." We do have a post office directly in our headquarters so it is safe with us as our receiving team continues to work overtime to get to all the packages.

Thank you for your patience!

1 hour ago, Habby2324 said:

Hi there! We are still behind on opening mail. It can take a few weeks to see your submission change to "received." We do have a post office directly in our headquarters so it is safe with us as our receiving team continues to work overtime to get to all the packages.

Hi, are the packages opened in the order they are received date wise?  And does the turnaround time for a fast track (for example) start once the books have been received in the system? 
thus, the total time to grade a fast track modern book is 23 days + a couple of weeks?

thanks.

3 hours ago, Habby2324 said:

@Habby2324, once again, I have to ask, is it time to just put a sticky at the top of this sub-forum that is updated weekly by a CGC member that informs roughly where the team is with opening packages.  This question is submitted all too often of late I'd hope a stickied note would alleviate new members wondering why their package hasn't been shown as received.

1 hour ago, Fireheart said:

Hi, are the packages opened in the order they are received date wise?  And does the turnaround time for a fast track (for example) start once the books have been received in the system? 
thus, the total time to grade a fast track modern book is 23 days + a couple of weeks?

thanks.

Yes, the clock for turnaround times starts once the package appears as "Received" in the system.  Bear in mind, it is shown in Business days (so exclude weekends and holidays).  Also, the TAT is an estimate.  You might get your books back sooner.  You might get them back later.  Also, best to exclude the days in transit back to you since USPS Registered Mail can take a week at times to deliver (which is odd since Priority Mail is delivered in two days).

I called yesterday re. a small stack of books sent. They have arrived (so USPS denotes), but the box has not been opened and the books have not been entered into the system yet.  What I've been told is that boxes are placed in storage until their time in the queue for opening is ready.  I was informed that they had just started opening boxes from those that arrived the week of February 15th.

Sounds like CGC need to halt new submissions for 2 or 3 weeks, to clear the backlog.. or at least inform new submissions what the situation is with processing new submissions (20 business days to just register new submissions onto the system) 

Unless something changes the backlog will just grow and grow...

I just recently returned to this hobby; however, am primarily a sports card collector.  From what I've seen in that space, this "backlog" is relatively minor.  Try sending a value submission ($20 per card) to PSA right now.  You *might* get it back by New Year's Day.

10 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

I called yesterday re. a small stack of books sent. They have arrived (so USPS denotes), but the box has not been opened and the books have not been entered into the system yet.  What I've been told is that boxes are placed in storage until their time in the queue for opening is ready.  I was informed that they had just started opening boxes from those that arrived the week of February 15th.

Wow, just opening those from Feb 15. Guess mine which USPS shows as delivered 3/1 are at least a week or so away from received. 

My registered priority mail submission landed in the Sarasota PO on 3/9.  Since then it's been in 'in transit' limbo:
Your item departed our USPS facility in SARASOTA, FL 34260 on March 9, 2021 at 12:03 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I've just filed a Missing Mail Search Request with the USPO, and was also wondering if this is a known and/or common occurrence, @Habby2324?

To answer my own question, got a call from the Sarasota PO today.  Sounds like they're just as busy, if not more-so, than CGC.
Still don't know exactly where the parcel is, though.  (shrug)

Edited by SargenticusV

On 3/17/2021 at 1:52 PM, Old_Man_Adam said:

Too busy cranking out those Pokémon cards ... our comics have become second rate :cry:

Hahaha, man, take a look in the new Card forum and you will see that it's definitely not there. 

CGC indicated what has priority, it's the higher tiers and signature event books. If you want your book graded faster, pick the tier with the TAT you want.

11 hours ago, SargenticusV said:

To answer my own question, got a call from the Sarasota PO today.  Sounds like they're just as busy, if not more-so, than CGC.
Still don't know exactly where the parcel is, though.  (shrug)

Wow! I can’t seem to get a hold of them, I’ve had a package in limbo for awhile, so this gives me hope lol 

As others in this thread, I am new to the submission process.  I sent a book in at the beginning of the week and haven't heard that it was received.  I couldn't figure out why, but after reading some of the other posts I can see there are a lot of reasons for the delay.  However, I checked tracking on the book and saw that delivery was attempted and I have to reschedule delivery.  I'm not at all familiar with this.  It's never happened that the USPS couldn't deliver a package.  I sent it Priority mail and expected no issues.  I already paid for shipping both ways. I don't want to have them return to sender and have to pay for all of that again.  I do not know what to do now.  Is there anyone on here that could give me some insight?  Thanks for any help.

Edited by 007Lee

I submitted 21 books for pressing and submission and the last update I saw was from UPS informing me the package had been delivered. I wish CGC had some kind of a scan system you could print from their site when you complete the inventory order form and attach this "bar code" to the outside of your box they could scan in as the boxes arrive. This would be coded to your account and could simply say "your delivery was scanned into our warehouse" on submissions page.

I don't mind waiting I'm a patient guy. I hate waiting for CGC to acknowledge my package is in their hands. When you spend years collecting books and send a few thousand dollars worth to a 3rd party "grader" its uncomfortable waiting to see that they are indeed in the right hands. In todays technology and for the price per book to be graded, a label they could scan already bar-coded to your account doesn't seem like a big ask.

how did you gather this is what I am saying with my post?

I am simply saying they should have a scan system that tells you when they receive a delivery instead of just waiting a month for them to get to your box then update your account.

I see posts all the time online about people losing their books when they send them to a grader. BS? who knows but a scan system like fed ex, ups, and usps all ready use could be integrated to let customers know their books are in the warehouse.

I'm sorry you question has absolutely nothing to do with what I said, nor did I even remotely imply they shouldn't be a grader just the best most efficient one.

1 hour ago, Dadcoe1212 said:

how did you gather this is what I am saying with my post?

I am simply saying they should have a scan system that tells you when they receive a delivery instead of just waiting a month for them to get to your box then update your account.

I see posts all the time online about people losing their books when they send them to a grader. BS? who knows but a scan system like fed ex, ups, and usps all ready use could be integrated to let customers know their books are in the warehouse.

I'm sorry you question has absolutely nothing to do with what I said, nor did I even remotely imply they shouldn't be a grader just the best most efficient one.

The usage of quotation marks ("grader") in such a way adds a sarcastic emphasis on the word within the quotes.  In this case, it can be construed that you are questioning whether the word grader should indeed be used to describe CGC...a grading company.

I believe your original post was well intended, but it should be acknowledged that one particular sentence can be read differently.

Edited by ExNihilo

well in this instance I met the word grader to put emphasize on the fact they are regarded as that graders I do see according to Webster's dictionary a word in quotation marks can be considered snarky or implied they are the opposite of... That wasn't my intent I certainly wouldn't send my products to a company I didn't think was more then capable and honestly the best in that regard. My discussion has nothing to do with the way they grade books but how they appear to handle deliveries.

and people waiting weeks and weeks to receive notice that CGC has received their deliveries honestly should be resolved.