• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long until the comic books I submitted for grading show up in "My Submissions?"
1 1

70 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2021 at 7:49 PM, retrothecollector said:

Shipped all books on 4/21/2021

Received and “scheduled for grading” 4/27/2021 

Wow you're doing a lot better then my submissions are. Curious as how that is possible? Sent in 75 modern tier books with all packages confirmed delivered to Sarasota on 4/6/2021. Called customer services 4/26 and confirmed receipt but told they were only then opening books from 3/27 that week. Thinking it'd going to be at least 90-100 days turnaround plus shipping back. The submissions are still not listed in my account today.

I'm wondering why I'm even paying the extra for fast track it seems like we are paying for a service that we are not recieving  and now that your reading cards is that holding up the comics from getting graded  because you can submit up to 5oo cards at once and  what you should do is open another building for the other collectibles like posters  its very frustrating   and I wouldn't be surprised if people started to go to another greading Service    

On 5/11/2021 at 11:11 AM, woody+s+treasures said:

I'm wondering why I'm even paying the extra for fast track it seems like we are paying for a service that we are not recieving

Fast track absolutely cuts down on TAT from my experience. Every. Single. Time.

I understand your frustration (and everyone elses), I'm frustrated too. Buuuuuuut all the TAT information is now available to everyone before you submit. Do your research, know what you're getting into... a looong wait, and relax.

My books were marked received end of April. I submitted in the modern tier for a press and a grade. So, what is the timeframe for pressing? This is my first submission so I am just curious. Not complaining.

Edited by Greatwhite

I submitted books in March and I believe they were marked received April 19th. It was 35 days from CGC receiving my books until they were opened up and available to be seen under my submissions page.

I have asked in the past folks opinions of fast tracking. I think its a nice service but I also think why should you have to pay extra to get your books completed in a reasonable time. People often say just be patient and wait. I guess if you submit books every few weeks after awhile you start to receive books every few weeks and the wait times is off set by the constant deliveries. Like people on YouTube opening books every week?

This bottleneck of time now that occurs between sending in your books and getting them back appears to get long and longer. The fast track model implies that CGC has the ability to speed up the process on submissions. It almost could argue that it makes more financial sense to slow down grading to create the market for a fast track model.  

The fast track model has been discussed for years (look online) . For a fast track model to work it implies that the start to finish relationship between the activities is discretionary. Which means if they can say the wait time will be half as long for a fee they also control how long everyone else is waiting on average for the fast track to have value and result. For some signature series its a 2 month return unless you request pressing. So that just demonstrates the ability to control time of return. 

Anyways I've gotten to the point of just be patient and wait. I imagine when its all said and done when I do get my books back all the time waiting will be a distant memory and I'll just be glad its done!

23 minutes ago, Green Slime said:

I understand that is how long the entire process can take. I was curious as to how long only the pressing part takes...

Love your Avatar. I saw that movie at a Saturday Matinee back in the early 70's. Gave me nightmares as a little kid. It was interesting to learn that it was written by Bill Finger...

7 minutes ago, Greatwhite said:

I understand that is how long the entire process can take. I was curious as to how long only the pressing part takes...

It's in the link too. You can see how long grading takes and how long pressing takes, depending on if you picked fast track for any. Then combine them and count them as working days. Odds are it's several months.

44 minutes ago, Greatwhite said:

My books were marked received end of April. I submitted in the modern tier for a press and a grade. So, what is the timeframe for pressing? This is my first submission so I am just curious. Not complaining.

I've got Modern Fast Tracks for pressing/grading "received" into the system on 03/17 that still haven't completed pressing, if that helps give you an idea...

47 minutes ago, Green Slime said:

No, not the entire process, I think you're only seeing the slabbing. Click on the CCS column link. Pressing is 113 business days so like 5 months.

I only know it as the very first MST3K episode.

That is interesting that it was the very first episode. I did not know that.

At the risk of sounding like an internet know-it-all person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed...Bill Finger was the co-creator and original writer on BATMAN. He never received any recognition or money for it and died penniless and unknown. While Bob Kane was getting rich off Batman in the 60's Bill Finger was not even writing comic books anymore. He was reduced to scraping out a living by writing technical manuals and schlock like this movie. I never even heard of him until I watched "Batman and Bill" on Hulu a couple of years ago. If you have not seen it I would recommend it. A very good look into the exploitive nature of DC and Marvel. It is why the IMAGE boys told both companies to drop dead. They were not going to be treated the way everyone in the industry had been.

But I remember this movie as it scared me so much as a kid so when I watched the Hulu movie and looked Bill Finger up on Wikipedia and saw that he had written this movie it was a "wow!" moment.